Thursday, June 13, 2002

The rain today... This morning it was drizzling when I stepped out my door, but I decided not to run back in for my umbrella. I figured, the rain would be on and off and that I'd run home when it had passed. But unfortunately, it was raining hard enough outside when I was ready to leave school, so I waited. I chit-chatted and went on the net. Then finally, when I had decided to head home, I was "prevented" from leaving.

See, this one cute Lebanese guy (you don't usually think of an Arab as being mixed with black, unless he's from North Africa or something. But apparently, you can also find them in the Levant and the Gulf as well!) that works at the food court called me over. Last fall, he was tryna push up on my Lebanese classmate and whenever I was with her, he didn't "see" me. So, I was like f*ck him. And my friend wasn't feelin' him either. So, anyway, since he acted like he couldn't be friendly towards me, I pretty much ignored him and only would say hi if I had to get food from him. But I didn't act warm towards him or anything, because I only reciprocate that.

So anyways, then one day last semester he got the nerve to ask me why I don't talk to him or whatever. Long story short, we "made up" and agreed to not ignore each other, I guess; to be civil towards one another - which is something I would have preferred from the get-go, but whatever. Back to the main point of all this- dude called me over when I was own my way home and nigga started rappin' to me. LoL. Dude was tryna holla, but the feeling ain't mutual.

Nevertheless, I gave him my time and I shoulda been more straightforward with him. Like, I just shoulda said, no, I ain't tryna know you. 'Cause that's what he said he was tryna do, that he wants to go out with me some time or whatever. Ha. But my dumb tail doesn't know how to be blunt when I should be. I was tryna be nice (believe or not. =)) But whatevaz...

It's still fairly early. I'm bust open my Arabic book and study. Hopefully, I get to sleep before midnight.

No comments: