Thursday, June 06, 2002

I have to be in class in six hours. What am I still doing awake? Damn this insomnia! :-P

I went out to this shisha place tonight with my roommate and some other people, like from school were there. It was okay. Nice to be able to get out, 'cause I usually don't. I wonder if I'd be sleeping right now had I not gone. =T Ah, well...

So my conversation teacher from last school year brought me back a Palestinian kuffiyeh from his trip home to Lebanon. Yay! Actually, he gave me two because I couldn't decide which design I wanted. That was really cool of him. I can't wait to sport them!

Man, Arabic class is CRUCIAL. I'm actually gonna hafta study for this mess! Like, the last two semesters, I did pretty much the bare minimum- assigned homeworks and studying the night before a test or quiz. Basically, not usually spending more than an hour or two with it. But this time around, I think I'll be dedicating a lot more time. Our professor is rather hardcore. When we get things wrong, he expects us to correct our mistakes, writing a word 3 or 5 times, also telling what the word means and what part of speech it is. I'm gonna be beast at Arabic as soon as he's done with us! He gives, like, drills every freakin' day. (Ha- we've only had three sessions so far. I act like it's been more.) But it's cool. It'll force me to learn. My aim is to get to the top of the class. Last school year, I was #2, second only to a chick who's married to a Syrian. That's an unfair advantage. She gets a private tutor at home! I need to get me one. ;) But I know it's all good 'cause except for one other student, I had no previous Arabic instruction and my grades are better than my classmates who've studied it in some capacity prior to the program. Go me!

Well, enough of the boasting. Don't wanna sound too proud. =) I'll end here.

No comments: