Tuesday, June 04, 2002

People - I'm hungry. Feed me! Donations will gladly be accepted. :-)

Well, I've completed my 2nd day of summer school Arabic. I can't wait to see where my language skills will be come August. I am so eager to go back to the Middle East and try it out. That's the main reason why I'm studying it now- when I was over there, like in Palestine and Egypt, I wanted to speak to the people in their language. Soon I'll be able to do so. But they might look at me a little funny if I speak the Arabic I'm learning now- Modern Standard Arabic (MSA). MSA is only used like on news broadcasts and in newspapers and such. If I speak it on the street, it'd be like me bustin' out in the Queen's English, sorta. lol. Anyways, once I master MSA, it'll be supposedly easy for me to pick up a dialect since I'll have the basic foundation. I can't wait! Arabs are happy when they find a non-native speaker is learning their language. It's cool stuff. Ya'll should take up Arabic, too. =)

I'm good at going off topic. So, here I go again. Today I'm wearing my blue t-shirt that says: The Great American Beer Company. I like this shirt and I'm not a beer-drinker either. I've actually had it since I was in the 3rd grade. Haha. Seriously! It's the souvenir shirt I picked out from the gift shop when my family went to Busch Gardens and visited the beer factory. When I was younger, I mostly wore the shirt over my bathing suit at the pool. Then I guess it got lost in my dresser and I rediscovered it while I was in college. I'm glad I kept it. It's a nice vintage piece. :)

No comments: