Saturday, January 03, 2004

Happy 2004

Happy 2004

But what's so happy about it? Nah... Just another year... Actually, it is kinda a new year for me in a few different ways. Gotta new job. 'Bout to get me a temporary new place. Think my life will be a little bit different in terms of how I'll be spending my time due to acquiring a nine-to-five, the location I'll likely end up in, and how I'll be spending my free time. I need to make out some kind of plan to help me manage my life in the short term...

I'm tryna think what has happened since my last blog that I could write about, but I really don't feel much like blogging either... Umm... Didn't really do much for New Year's. Was 'bout to be stuck just chillin' in my room that night. I was sippin' on my Vietnamese beer and apartment hunting when I got a call from Ms. Jeannie Vieve around 11. Ended up accompanying her over to Jamar's where we met up with him and his friend, then headed over to Jamar's house. We didn't really do much but sit around and talk. Drank a glass of Remy Red and watched South Park. Called people to wish them a happy new year. That was about it. Then I had to work my stupid retail job at nine in the morning (got there late as usual). I was supposed to work there Tuesday through Friday of this week. But luckily, I was able to get a co-worker to take my Tuesday and Wednesday. And then I got another co-worker to take my Friday last minute. So glad I didn't have to work there. I just wanted to be a bum.

On Tuesday, I finally had lunch with this girl I'd been corresponding with online for quite some time. Maybe several months? Anyway, very smart girl. An intellect. I need more friends like that. My mind needs stimulation and growth. And since I'm not searching for knowledge on my own, I figure I can obtain a bit of it from the company I keep. Then after work I hung out with homeboy for some grub and convo.

Oh, and that day at work, my supervisor had asked to talk to me and he wanted me to follow him somewhere else. I was like, oh, shit - I'm in trouble! I couldn't understand why he couldn't just tell me what he had to say right there. So I followed him down the hall to the conference. But thank goodness. Had nothing to worry about. He basically wanted to tell me he wants me to stay with the team, that if I was interested, he could make suggestions to the company owner to get me a permanent position (as opposed to my temporary one). He said how he really likes me, etc... That's pretty cool. I just hope I don't disappoint!

So I'm looking for places to live closer to the vicinity of where I work cuz I despise commuting. I've physically checked out two places that weren't bad. But I still wanna explore, so I'm gonna check out another place on Monday. I'm thinking that when I temporarily relocate, I'll sign up for an evening Arabic course. My Arabic is definitely rusty after barely using it and I still need to take my proficiency exam. Also, me and Nadine need to start studying for our comprehensive exams. I've gotta get my shit together!

This afternoon, Jose, Justin, and I went to a local Mexican restaurant. And then we went to an auto show, which basically seemed like a big car dealership. It was okay, I guess. Saw my old roommate there cuz she works at a car dealership. That's funny cuz last month I saw my other two roommates (separately) at the mall where I work. We all lived together my last year of undergrad. One I saw when I was standing at the entrance of my store greeting people. Turned out she also worked in the mall. Also that day, I saw my old suitemate from freshman year. Then last weekend or the one before (can't remember which), I saw one of my roommates when I was chillin' with this Persian guy whom I met in my store around Thanksgiving.

Well, that's about all I can recall from the past week's time... Nothing too spectacular or fabulous. I need to hurry up and move since I can't/won't be leavin' the country anytime soon...