Monday, January 19, 2004

Another one of my co-workers quit. This is the second one since I started working. Jamie quit so unexpectedly, I was told. He just put his coat on and walked out. Both Jamie and Carmen seemed to quit for the same reasons - they didn't feel they were meeting our project manager's expectations. They felt pressured. So my supervisor calls me up and let's me know that I'm meeting his expectations. LoL. That fool wouldn't wanna see me quit just like that. Yet he did want me to quit my last job without giving them the proper two-weeks notice. Anyway...

So my boss, the owner of the company, took me out to lunch on Friday to offer me a permanent position. I'm still debating it. It has some pretty good benefits, I suppose. But I just don't know what I wanna do. I need to give my answer this week, though. I think I'm mostly scared of having new or extra responsibilities. I don't know how well I'll put up with the pressure. I don't wanna crack like Carmen and Jamie did. We'll see. I'm thinking I'll take the job.

Friday night I hung out with Justin and Belinda. Went to this one spot that was overpopulated with white people. So we just had one drink each and bounced. The place we ended up in was better in that it was not so homogenous. And we stayed there the rest of the night. It was an alright place. Can't say that I'd care to go there again, though. I got back home at 2am, stumbled outta my clothes and put on my night clothes and conked out.

Saturday I did absolutely nothing. And Sunday, Tara and I went to the movies. We saw "Along Came Polly" and we liked it. Both of us could see ourselves in Ben Stiller's and Jennifer Aniston's characters. Like a combination of both. But Tara would be more like Ben and I more like Jen. Anyway, we headed to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. Then it was off to Border's to read for a while. I brought this book I had bought a few weeks ago: "I Saw Ramallah"; an account of a Palestinian man who finally goes back home to Palestine after an absence of thirty years. It's an English translation expressing all the vast array of emotions of the Palestinian in exile vis-à-vis a return to the homeland. And then since Border's closed at nine, we drove around a bit until the next movie we was to start: "House of Sand and Fog." I had never even heard of this film, but Tara wanted to see it and so I went. It was okay. Tara thought it sucked. I guess it seemed like it should have been a made-for-TV movie. And it did lack some depth. Ah, well...

Then when I got home, I watched my "Alias", which I had some VCR timer to record. And that's my weekend.

No comments: