Tuesday, January 06, 2004

On Sunday, Belinda came and got me and we went to this 'phở' place around her way. It was a'ight, the phở gà I got. But it really wasn't all that. I've had better. And Belinda's phở bò had a fly in it. Or two. :-P Our waiter was this mixed Viet/white guy. He was diggin' Belinda. And he said she looked more Asian than I. Haha. Cuz Belinda thinks I look more Asian and that she hardly does. But I knew she was mixed like me when I first saw her. Anyway, I was askin' the Viet guy about this Vietnamese thing I'm interested in (remember how I said I had a tattoo idea). He said he has a friend who does tattoos. I dunno if he'll ever get back to me, but that'd be tight if I could get a design worked out cuz I only have a rough idea in my head. Look at me - entering the workforce and still tryna get tatted up s'more. :) Thass how I do. Gotta keep it gangsta. Sike.

Anyways, after the Viet place, we went back to Belinda's place for a bit to chill. I never did get a chance to kick her butt in Scrabble 'en español.' I'm tellin' her - she don't want none! Truth be told, I've never played Scrabble in Spanish. But I'm sure I could still beat her.

Then yesterday, had to go to the jobby-job. But afterwards, me, Tara, Belinda, and my sis went to that Mexican restaurant. We were the only ones in that place when we got there. But eventually some more peoples rolled up in there. Anyhow, 'cause of me and Belinda's knowledge of Spanish, the waiter(s) got confused. Thought we were Latina. In fact, thought we all were Latina. But Belinda told Chuy that none of us were. And I even added how all of us had Black fathers (hehe - that sounds funny, right?). And he just couldn't get over it. Kinda insisted that we were Latina. So I proceeded to point out all our 'ethnicities': Tara - Puerto Rican, Belinda - Dominican, my sis - Brazilian, and me - Cuban. And then the other waiter guy guessed that we were all Puerto Rican. LoL. Fun.

And so my sis re-enlisted in the Air Force and will be gone by the end of the month. She tryna sell her car off on me. But I dunno. I ain't been workin' but for a minute. And I am definitely not tryna pay car insurance... And plus, I'm tryna move, too? This will take some consideration. I gotta make sure my budget's right... But coincidentally, one of my friends IM'd me tonight and we were talking... He said he'd help me get a car at an auction since he would know what cars were good or not. That'd be cool. I'ma consider that.

Hmm... I should get ready for bed soon. I hate not getting my 8+ hours of sleep. Well, sometimes I've found I can handle lack of sleep. But shoot - this 9-to-5 bidness has got to go. I miss not being able to sleep in for as long as I want!! And the fact that I have to commute does not help. Well, hopefully, once I move I'll get to sleep in a little. Night-night!

No comments: