Saturday, January 24, 2004

Gettin' ready to go out tonight. Waitin' for Lisa to come scoop me up so we can go to the apartment of this one chick we both studied abroad with in Mexico...

Thursday after work I met with Claire. Our plans to go see "Battle of Algiers" were cancelled to go meet up with one of her friends whom she hadn't seen in months to go to power yoga. But, we didn't make it on time to go to the yoga class. Instead we three went to some vegan/vegetarian place run by Black Hebrews. heh. We sat and talked. I tell ya, I'm tryna surround myself around smart, conscious people. But they can't just be smart. They gotta be "down," too. Cuz not all smart people are "cool." Anyways, I'm sittin' with these young intellects. Conversation consisting of terms such as "nerve ganglia"... "energy"... "fractals"... Talking about some good documentaries or music. I gotta get outta my dumb stage. Claire has inspired to actually make more of an effort to increase my knowledge.

After we finished our food, we went to go see a friend of the guy we were with. He wasn't home at the time, so we dipped into this chill cafe down the street for quite a bit. Then we went back to the visit the one friend and parlayed for a while. Cool peeps. But hangin' out with these people who are into yoga and are vegans/vegetarians... I don't think I'll adapt their lifestyles, but I definitely wanna engage in the mentally stimulating convo.

Well, I think I ought to get dressed. It shouldn't be long before Lisa starts heading my way...

No comments: