Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Here it is - midnight and I should be sleeping. Like last week, I'm sleep deprived. I travel to work, just wanting to sleep at every step of the way, then fight Mr. Sandman at my desk while sitting in front of the computer. This just can't go on. I've got some important stuff to do tomorrow. Hope I don't yawn at the wrong times or nod off during anything...

Anyway, after I went to check out a room in this house, I met up with Claire again and we had lunch at my favorite Viet spot. Then she brought me home and met my dog and - *gasp* - my stupid dog peed on her! That monstrosity knows not how to control his bladder. How embarrassing... Then later that night, I went with Jeannie and another friend for a basketball game at my alma mater. Damn, it was a cold night! Oh, yeah - and we won. Goooo, Retrievers! :)

Last night I met up with Claire again after work. We went to a free concert that I had heard about the very same day. It was cool. Marcel Khalife, a Lebanese oudist. An 'oud is a Middle Eastern string instrument. I guess like a lute or whatever. It was accompanied by a piano and a bass. East meets wests. Jazzy and oriental sounding. I prefer vocals over instrumentals, so when Mr. Marcel began singin' I really enjoyed it. And when the audience was singin' - sounded really pretty. Lotsa Arabs there. Saw Nadine there. And then Shireen. Oh, and met a really cute Palestinian-American guy. Man, I need to go hang out at the Arab functions. :) Oh, my supervisor told me to get him a CD. Luckily I had a single check on me cuz they weren't accepting credit cards and I had no cash. So I bought myself a CD, too. And I even got it signed. That's when I saw Shireen. She was standing in the autograph line (although she had nothing to get signed, hehe) and she let me in. She was telling me to talk to Marcel Khalife in Arabic. I did the minimum and he wrote in Arabic: "To Sheena, With Love" and then his name. Yay!

Okay, I should try to get some shut-eye since I have to wake up so freakin' early!

No comments: