Saturday, January 31, 2004

Glad the weekend's here! I just want some R&R. Not that I've been working so hard and really need it. I'm just lazy like that. And I been eating a whole lot this past week. Dunno what's my problem.

Anyway, went to dinner tonight with my sister and one of her old friends. And I ordered a combo platter even though I wasn't hungry and the burrito I ate for lunch was still sitting heavy in my stomach. They ordered Chipotle at the office today.

I talked to the Persian chick in at my job today. Turns out she's married, though I feel like she's my age and I wouldn't have thought of her as being married. And her husband's Palestinian. That's cool. I met some Palestinians Thursday afternoon. I went into work late that day cuz I had some bidness to take care of in the morning, so I arrived at work after noon. And when I finally decided to eat, it was 4. To my dismay, the deli in my building was closed for the day. A delivery guy or whoever he was suggested I go to the next building over since there was a deli there. And that's where the Palestinian guys worked. I noticed the one guy had a necklace with Palestine on it. So I chit-chatted with him. I would like to meet more Arabs so I have more opportunity to practice Arabic.

I went to my Arabic conversation class. Got there late cuz I got a little lost. I had forgotten to bring the address of the place with me. D'oh! Anyway... figures once again I am a minority in the class. Story of my life, pretty much. I'm the only Black girl. I can't say Asian, since there's this Japanese chick in there. Another girl is of Lebanese descent, but basically, she's American. Anyhow, I hope I'll like the class. I signed up for Level I, but the teacher-guy and I both agree I should move up at least to the next level. So I need to remember to handle that on Monday before the next class. But shit - I need this class. I'm gonna be beast at Arabic once I get accustomed to speaking it more. :)

Well, my computer is gettin' on my nerves. I think I need to buy a whole new battery for it or something. So... laterz!

No comments: