Sunday, August 31, 2003

I hate leaving my dog alone, for he whines and barks and cries... But he's gotta learn to be independent. He's gotta learn to be alone, like at night for bed or when we have to leave the house. I know he's still young and we just got him, so it's gonna take some time. But it rips me apart. I can't stand to hear his sad little voice. You should see the way he clings to me. Walks through my legs, just positions himself so that he's touching me. When walking him, he usually remains close to my side, but sometimes a little too close that I'm afraid I might step on his little toes. Well, they're not so little. I think he's gonna get pretty big... If we draw a black circle around his eye, he'll resemble Petey. You know, the pup from Our Gang/Little Rascals. You should see how happy he can get. He wags his tail and it creates a little thud when it hits the wall or something. I think he's gonna make a good watch dog. Sometimes his voice can be so high-pitched when he's crying. But when he thinks someone strange is approaching, he gets a little bass in his voice. hehe... But he was scared of Belinda today. Such that he peed on our doormat outside. Great. I walk barefoot outside the house a lot. :-P

So Belinda and I went to a little Mexican gathering. We went to the house Arturo stays at for dinner. I met Arturo when I studied in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Belinda met him there one year later. But she's been in constant touch with him since. So, we picked up this one Mexican girl who attends the school where Belinda teaches and we had a meal and some convo. Also there was this white kid who recently studied at our beloved school in Cuernavaca, this other Mexican chick who's also from that city, this other Mexican also from there, and - to my surprise - Carlos. Carlos was a teacher/adminstrative guy at the school. When I saw him I was like, hunh? He just arrived yesterday (Friday). He's gonna be teaching here a semester.

Then afterwards we dropped the high school girl off at her place, met her mother and talked there for a while. This girl was nice. We went her to let us know about the karaoke places that have Spanish songs. As much as me and Belinda like karaoke, we oftentimes want to sing Spanish songs but selections are limited...

That's what I did this evening. Now I should go clean my room. I started to rearrange it the day I got the dog. And then the dog has distracted me some. How do you teach a dog to play frisbee?

No comments: