Friday, August 01, 2003

Where does the time go??

It's already August 1st and I've spent much of this summer doing what I do best: absolutely nothing. I've had the opportunity to spend QT with some of my good friends, but some of the things I could have been or should have been doing didn't get done. That is, school- and work-related things.

Nothing to spectacular has been going on with me since the last time I blogged. Or at least, not that I can remember. :-P My memory is so shot. I need to go take my Gingko Biloba. But it makes your poop green. Sike. I can't remember what the side-effect was when I did take them. Maybe it did do that... haha.

I watched a Shirley Temple flick over the past two days. And I cried. Hehe.. I love Shirley Temple movies.

I was watching the Disney channel late one night. I saw half of a "Boy Meets World" (my favorite show when it was still on TGIF, especially with the original Morgan). Then "The Smart Guy" came on, followed by "Sister, Sister." I thought it was funny that Kobe Bryant had a cameo in the episode I happened to catch. Then the boy who plays Jordan on "The Bernie Mac Show" had a very minor part on it, too. So was Kid of the old hip-hop duo Kid 'n Play; he made a guest appearance as a fictious rapper called Chilly-T. Heh...

Still haven't gotten a dog. Last weekend, made a trip to the pound, this time with Tara. She got sad being there. It is sad cuz you just wanna adopt every single one of the puppies. I saw this American Bulldog there, but too bad it was already adopted. And there were 3 Pit Bulls and none were for adoption. I asked a guy that worked there why that was and he told me they don't release the Pits from their facilities due to the fact that there are some idiots in this country who like to fight these dogs. So, the animals are sent to Pit Bull rescue shelters.

Then after the pound, we stopped by Target then headed to G'town where we ate at this Mexican restaurant. We were there for an hour or two, then we found Borders and sat and read. Later that evening, we went to a party with Shawn and Jeannie. I've been friends with Shawn since undergrad. And Tara's probably known Shawn much longer, as he was a friend of her brother's. It was a house party that we went to. It was alright. Didn't meet everybody. And while some of the people seemed cool, some were extremely annoying. I can't stand dummies. My sis sent this funny forward. Looked like it was a scan of a newspaper article (though I wouldn't know if it was real or not), but anyways, it was talking about how idiots can kill you. It said something about how some people who suffer heart attacks who are otherwise healthy can attribute it to stress caused by dealing with idots in the workplace. I wouldn't doubt that it was true. That'll probably what kills me. It goes back to what my dear friend Ayanna once told me: you have no patience for stupid people. What can I do?

The elderly cousin I mentioned in my last post past away. Too bad I never really knew her.

Some of my cousins were down here this last weekend from Philadelphia. They went to visit some relatives in DC and they spent the night at our place. It's actually my dad's cousin and her husband. My cousin, she wants me and my sis to come visit her. We'll see. My sis will be home soon. Done with the Air Force. Let's see how long it takes for us to get into a fight. Verbal and physical. Not long, I'm sure. :-P Damn shame, too. Oh, well.

I went to IKEA for the first time last week. I wanted to get the Billy bookcase for $39 since the catalog said the prices were valid until July 31. I wonder if the prices have gone up or down now. Anyways, I went there just to get the bookshelf and be out. Didn't really look around. A nice young man helped me locate the item I was looking for. He was cute. I should go back there. :) I do really wanna go back. To me, it was like a nice, modern-day art museum. I'm gonna try to get my dad to take me. That way, maybe he'll buy me something. :-P

Oh, since I love to talk about how much I love America, let me mention this: my health care will be running out in a couple weeks. And who the hell knows when I'll ever have it again? Yeah, this country is great. The best health care in the world - for those who can afford it. I tell you, I spent $2,000 for health care (that I paid for with loans) for the past 2 years and it didn't even cover eyecare and dental. Ain't that some shit? Anyways, next February it will be 10 years since my last tetanus shot and you're supposed to get those every decade. Since I won't have any insurance that I know of at that time, I decided to make an appointment to get my shot before my insurance expires. I better hope I have no life-threatening or other serious issues while I'm uninsured.

No comments: