Friday, August 29, 2003

My dog snores...

So I got a puppy yesterday. He's 3 and a half months old and banned in some states. :-P Well, not in entire states, but within certain jurisdictions, such as cities. Or in my state, an entire county. That's cuz some assholes wanna fight their dogs and what not. My pup is part American Pit Bull Terrier and part American Staffordshire Terrier. Looking up the breed-specific legislation proposals goin' on in my state, some wanna put a ban on 'pit bulls.' Now, 'pit bull' is not a breed, but a type of dog. In the particular proposal I skimmed through, the two breeds that make up my dog, along with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the American Bulldog (another dog I wanted), are considered 'pit bulls' and would be seized had the law passed. Oh, and it said any dogs that bearing a physical resemblance to these dogs, too. Stupid, hunh? And I wonder why Shar Peis are banned in some places in Utah...

Anyways, I gotta get this dog an appointment with the vet to make sure he's healthy and to get his shots. It's gonna be a lotta work caring for this pup as he gets accustomed to living with us and since he's still an energetic puppy. He's been pissing all over the place (just ask my sister what he did to her, lol) and he's been stubborn for some reason about going up or down certain steps. I've had to carry him a few times. I need to get him used to being alone some times since he just left the nest. I need to train him to understand at least the basic commands. I gotta walk him so he can get used to our neighborhood, but I gotta pick up his poop. Or I can just run after he does it. J/k. I once had a dog over a decade ago and I was walking her and she pooped on the sidewalk. Whoops! I had to book outta that scene. lol. Eww - speaking of bodily functions, I think my dog just farted. :-P

So, it's Labor Day weekend or something. I got no plans. I'll just be pup-sitting, I guess, while everyone's in NY or at the beach or something. Z'all good. :)

No comments: