Monday, May 05, 2003

happy cinco de mayo!

Sike. That's shtupid. Nobody in Mexico freakin' celebrates that. :-P

Last night was fun. Tara and Paul came to my house after 11:30 at night and went out for a looong night. First, we went to McDonald's cuz I was hungry as hell and had not eaten in quite some time. I got no food left and I don't really plan on going grocery shopping cuz I'm almost done with school and I hope to move out of my apartment in a couple weeks. Plus I'm lazy. It takes like 15 minutes to walk to Safeway empty-handed. No fun. Wish I had a car. Anyhoo...

So, after getting some grub, we went to a pool hall. Now, the only time in my life that I ever tried pool was when I was in Morelia, Mexico back in '99. But it was fun. I still gotta get used to that darn game. We drank some Heinies and we laughed quite a bit. Afterwards, it was maybe 2am and we went back to Paul's house. It's funny, I hadn't seen Paul in a few years, since undergrad. Now we're all "grown-up." The whole night he was marveling at me and Tara. Hehe... Well, not really, but he found it amusing to have the two of us over for a "slumber party." Haha... I didn't sleep, though. You know my sleeping habits. We talked, watched TV, listened to music. Paul even mediated a few discussions between me and the Tarmeister.

We finally left there when I woke Tara up around 11:30 in the morning. We got some breakfast at McDonald's - again. Then I had Tara meet Nadine and Shireen, two girls I study with. We ended up staying over a few hours joking and what have you. Finally, my best friend from grade school got to meet my best friend from grad school (Nadine). I've told Nadine some stuff about Tara, and Tara stuff about Nadine and Shireen, and now they have names to put with faces. It was a pretty pleasant encounter. They liked each other. The one thing I didn't appreciate was when Tara and Nadine ganged up on me, but... whatever. Bitches! :-P

Right now I'm listening to The Apologist. He's a Catholic rapper I stumbled across by chance a long time ago. I would like to get his album, but it's only a mini-album and I'm not tryna pay full price for a CD with only 6 songs. But anyway, lemme tell you about this guy right quick. First, he's from Chicago and grew up with rap music. He only became a Christian when he was in high school and he became Baptist. But he wondered what was it about Catholicism that he wasn't Catholic? So, he did his research and eventually converted to Catholicism. And theennn... he enters seminary and eventually takes the vows of poverty, chasity, and obedience. I think that's pretty tight that there's a Catholic rapper. The Apologist wants to reach people who enjoy rap music and send them a postive message. He is using rap as a vehicle to spread the word of God.

Man, I've got about half a day left to finish an assignment that's due by 4pm today. Dagnabit. Why do I procrastinate so? Ugh. And once I finish that, I'm gonna hafta start a research paper. What a chore! Once again I'll be spending another birthday in solitary confinement. But instead of writing about the Jewish lobby's affect on American foreign policy, I'll be researching the Abu Sayyaf Group, a militant Muslim group of the southern Philippines.

I'm sure looking forward to finishing it all... Pray for me, guys!

No comments: