Sunday, May 11, 2003

Still slackin'...

Ugh! Why can't I just get shit done? I've basically got two papers to write - and they're both overdue. One was due before Easter, and I believe I will receive an "incomplete" in the class. Although I am not looking forward to writing that paper, I am not extremely worried about it since the professor likes me. :-) Anyway, he's in Tunisia right now, so, I got time to hand it in until he comes back. Then the other paper I got was due Friday. But I just can't get my mind into it. I've been too busy celebrating my birthday, which is a week-long celebration. :-)

Friday night, Nadine, Shireen, Afshan, her brother and his girl, Nawal, Tara, Jeannie, and I went to this Thai restaurant for dinner cuz Nadine wanted to go out for my b-day. Then afterwards, Jeannie, Tara, and I hit up some bars and had a pretty decent time talking to different people. We met some crazy, older Afghani men and there were lots of Moroccans. I dazzled the Arabophones with my Arabic skills. Hehe. I mean, I'm not that great at it, but they appreciate it when Americans make an effort to learn their language and what not. And I gave this one guy my number, even though I wasn't really interested in him. Besides, I gave him a number I won't be at much longer. Hehe. And then we got home at 4:30am.

And damn - the guy I gave my número to, that fool already called me! First message, he's all yellin' and I guess he didn't realize he got the voicemail. Then there's another message that he left in Arabic and I didn't fully understand it, but I caught some of it. Then he calls again later and I really didn't care to talk. But damn - he all sweatin' me. LoL. He was talkin' to me in Arabic and he kept asking me if I understood him. And I didn't always understand him. Especially since the Arabic I learned is formal and I think he was mostly speakin' dialect. And he said something in Arabic about me entering his heart. Haha...

Then Saturday night, Jeannie and Tara took me to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. We got our grub on and Tammy came by to say hi and give me a little gift. Cam on, em! And salamat, Jeannie, for the happy bunny mints. lol. I liked that. =)... And at the restaurant, I try to say things in Vietnamese when I can. And that's usually a mistake cuz then they bust out in Vietnamese on me thinkin' I understand it. Dammit. I've gotta learn that language. It's frustrating not being able to speak your mother tongue! Maybe I'll find me a Vietnamese guy. But damn, I'm on the Puerto Rican tip right about now. LoL.

So, after the dinner, we hit up the bars in the same area as the night before. But it wasn't as fun and we called it a night fairly early. Around 2am. Oh, and we saw a couple people I used to (and maybe Tara did, too) at the commissary. Anyways... upon arriving home, I discovered that the shirt I ordered on eBay came. Yay! It's this yellow t-shirt with the continent of Africa in black and kinda bubble yellow letters inside of it, fitting the shape of the landmass and it says: Black Power. Can't wait to rock it. =)

Oh, when we were in line for this one bar Friday night, I saw some peeps from my undergrad. Theeeenn - I end up seeing this chick that we all knew from middle school walk by. So, I call out her name, unsure if it was really her. And it really was her. That girl had been on the Jenny Jones show for whatever crazy topic - boob job and having men buy her stuff or whatever. And I knew she appeared on the show again, but not as a guest but as, I dunno. Some kinda "prop." And I'd heard about her being on certain kinda... websites or whatever. And then I actually saw her website and, like, whoa - who knew she posed in Playboy or Playmates or whatever? Anyhoo... she told us she works at this one club and she told us to go in two weeks and she'll get us in VIP and we'll have champagne all night or something. Heh. We'll see if we go...

And this night, we went into one of the same bars we went in the night before and there's this one guy that works the door. When I went in Friday night, I asked him what his ethnicity was cuz he looked interesting and sort of attractive. He told me Greek and Ethiopian. I was like, cool. And he asked me what I was and thought I had a pretty neat-o mix, too. Hehe... So, I saw him again the second night. When he let us in, he ends up calling me back to get my number. He said he'll take me out and show me a "good time." Whatever that means. I'm not really interested, but at the same time, I don't mind making friends. But if I go, then I'll probably give the wrong impression, right? Hmm... Plus, I'd feel awkward if it were just he and I. We'll see. I'd rather go out with this Puerto Rican hot boy and... Haha - Tara and Jeannie say I'm "bajiggity." They got that word from a movie I haven't seen, "The Sweetest Thing." Jeannie called me it first and when I told Tara, she totally agreed. But this Boricua is fine! And he really seems like a good guy. Tara said he was "cute" and Jeannie said he was a "cutie patootie." LoL. And I say, ¡está bien rico! Mmmmm...

Okay, I need to stop. And I have a 15 to 20-page research paper waiting to be written and I know it's not gonna write itself. I don't wanna turn it in extremely late. But sheesh, it's gonna take me a lifetime to crank out these pages. I'm slow when it comes to these things. .

Ah - I spoke to my homegirl in Mexico yesterday and she wants me to head down for her graduation. I'm still thinkin' about it and I need to hurry up cuz it's a little less than a month away. And she was talkin' about goin' to Acapulco, too. And goodness, we always talked about Costa Rica and how we should go there one day. But I thought I was kinda-sorta joking, but I think she's for real about going. Like this summer! That's crazy! But, hey - it could happen. If we went, it'd be in July. But I told her - what about Puerto Rico? Hehe... But the PR hottie won't be there in late July. He's goin' a month earlier. I wanna go, too. :-D

And it was mother's day in Mexico yesterday. Itzel and her mom wished my mom a happy mother's day. I passed on the message already. But now I need to call my mom up in a few hours cuz I never did get around to sending her a card. D'oh! Maan... it's another scam of greeting card companies and what not. And they don't even celebrate this in Vietnam and Cambodia. Well, who knows about nowadays, but they surely didn't when my mom was growing up. Why she hafta pick certain Western traditions to celebrate while constantly reminding me that she's not American and that I'm not American either since I came from her? :-P But that's the way it is...

So... today I'm going to try to keep my nose in the books and with this damn research. And I need to go to mass, get some prayer and worship in so He can help me write this paper. God - through whom all things are possible, and the only way I truly survive this life.

No comments: