Monday, May 19, 2003

Happy Birthday, Malcolm X!!

If violence is wrong in America, violence is wrong abroad. If it is wrong to be violent defending black women and black children and black babies and black men, then it is wrong for America to draft us, and make us violent abroad in defense of her. And if it is right for America to draft us, and teach us how to be violent in defense of her, then it is right for you and me to do whatever is necessary to defend our own people right here in this country.
Malcolm X


People who know me and with whom I don't keep in regular contact with may think I've become some kind militant with some of the things I express in my blog. But the fact of the matter is, each day I just become more cognizant of the world - via school or my travels or whatever medium. I'm realizing the truth that is not exactly hidden from us, but is simply not presented to us, rather. And actually, a lot of the pro-Black things I say, I think I've always had it in me, yet just needed a catalyst to bring it out. And with all my pro-Black sentiments and my tendency to stick up for my peoples as much as I can in the face of injustice, I must admit, being of Asian descent and with some of what my mom has instilled in me, I believe in all honesty that Asians are the superior race. Hey - it's true! :-P I even said this in front of a classmate, whom I believe to be a "closet racist," and, surprisingly, he agreed! Yeah, he know wassup. ;)

Alright, enough with my ethnocentrism... My birthday celebrations are officially OVER! Goodness - what were we thinking? This Saturday, me, Tara, & Jeannie hit up that one club where that one chick (see the May 11 entry) works. She hooked us up - got us in VIP, had free drinks all night. My, my - we drank a lot, we danced a lot. We were crazy. Some of the night is a blur to me. Yikes. That's not good. It was another one of those nights after which I suffer from a hangover and vow to never again drink. LoL. We slept in the car that night. Hehe. Tara and I even heaved a bit. Gross. I don't think I wanna go out again in that manner. My clubbing days are over. Unless, of course I end up visiting my girl in Mexico. Then I'll have to party Mexican style. :-P But seriously, I'm gettin' too old for this shit. I need to chill for a bit. Dancing on top of bars and talking to all these guys I would never give the time of day to is gettin' old, too. Hehe. It's time for me to settle down. What I need is one good man. To a certain Boricua one state up - holla! ;)

No comments: