Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Did ya'll see the "Alias" season finale? Had all these twists in the plot. The end was really weird.

I need to hurry up with school so I can think about this summer. I got no plans. I should get me a jiz-ob so I can start to pay off student loans. But I'd also like to travel. I wanted to hit up Southeast Asia, but with the SARS thing, that kinda deterred me. But then again, I still reconsidered it. I looked up the travel warnings for the motherland and it went down from, like, travel advisory to travel alert, or something like that. Basically, they were saying don't go if you ain't got no essential business there. And now they're just saying, be aware of all the health risks. But I'm not to thrilled about the price of airfare. I only checked one website and leaving from one particular airport, but I chose different dates throughout the summer and everything was over $1500. I'm not feelin' that. There was even a ticket for like $12,000. Who would pay that?

Anyways, it looks like Brazil is out the question. Jeannie faked on me again. :-P Talkin' 'bout she ain't got no money. Neither do I! Oh, well... I'll go some other year. But Mexico is a possibility. My girl is graduatin' next mumf. (hehe). So, I may head down there. But oddly, I do not find myself as eager to skip town as I normally would be. Usually, I woulda done bought my plane ticket to Mexico. Now I'm just kinda like, "I dunno..."

But hmm... there's that Puerto Rican papi whom I've yet to meet, but he did say I could go to PR with him. :) We'll see about that. I would go anywhere with his sexy azz. LoL. I'm kidding. Sorta. :)

Ugh, today... or yesterday, rather... I had a translation assignment due at 4pm. Well, I ended up sleeping more than I intended this morning, so I had less time to work on it. I just did a semi-half-assed (haha) job and rushed to campus. I got there at about 3:50, where I then had to get to a computer, open up my e-mail, and print out the damn thing. Then I had to get the text I translated photocopied so I could hand it in as well. After seeing some classmates, I realized that I didn't have all my old assignments, which we were supposed to turn in also. It so sucked - I had to rush back home in this sucky weather - it was drizzly and it takes like 20 minutes each way for me to and from campus. But I booked back home and back to campus. Luckily, the prof hadn't arrived to campus yet since she said she wouldn't accept any late assignments. But that was such a pain!

Then I went to the library to return some books that were due. When I was eventually home, I realized I still had one of the books I thought I had returned. So, I think one of the books I gave back was probably one I checked out for this paper I have yet to write. D'oh! So I renewed the book I meant to turn in online so I wouldn't be charged late fees. And now I wanna see if the library can tell me what books I had returned, like from some patron history thing.

Anyhoo... then I went to the food court to get a 7-Layer cuz I ain't got no food at my house. The guy at Taco Bell always talks to me and he asked me if it was raining. I tell him it's drizzling. As he hands me my burrito he tells me, "You be careful out there. Sugar melts." Hehe... Then I head over to the little convenience store on campus to get some "vital vittles" so I can have something to snack on while I'm starving at home. But I'm wondering what would happen if I started eating just one meal a day regularly. Like, is that super bad healthwise? I mean, it'll be me fasting. It's stupid for me to just eat "just because." Cuz I can throw down when it comes to chow. Hehe... And I'll slim down, not that I really need to. But I don't wanna indulge so much on the food in this country. This processed American food I got all around me. But maybe I'll eat if I can get a hold of more natural foods. Besides... it's not fair that I can just pig out and throw away food when some people would love to have that luxury... Whatever...

No comments: