Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Thanksgiving was good. Went to Philly to visit fam and ate good food. Wish I had some leftovers... Thanksgiving should be everyday! :-) But then I'd be a fat-ass. hehe... Anyways, I arrived back home painfully full. And then I had to wake up freakin' early for my stupid-azz job. Our store opened at 6AM the next day.

It wasn't super busy when we first opened, but it got a little hectic after a few hours. One customer even spent, supposedly, 20 grand. This fob I work with, Mario, was ringing her up and was joking with her saying, "Can you adopt me?" And she, the customer, was like, "I don't have time!" Meaning, she wanted to get her stuff and check out ASAP. She was this Korean woman whom we suspect maybe has a business or whatever so she can resell the merchandise. Funny, she would bring stuff to the register, then go back on the floor to grab more stuff. She even grabbed me when I was walking by. She took me by the wrist and pulled me toward a certain area, pointed to a purse on a display shelf for me to get for her.

Anyways, I hate retail and I really dread going to work and my feet are killing me by the end of the day. And though in general the customers aren't that bad, there have been a few that just want me to get smart with 'em. And shiet - the customer's not always gonna be right in my book! :-P I just may get snippy with them, or remain calm and seemingly unresponsive and refuse to submit to their every desire.

So I had to work all freakin' weekend. Didn't do anything for leisure. Only yesterday after work, Belinda came and got me so we could go watch a documentary. It was called "Girlhood" and it followed the lives of two teenage girls from Baltimore as they were placed in a detention center. The film opens with words on the screen stating how violent crime among females in this country has doubled in the last decade. Check the Maryland Film Festival page or the Baltimore City Paper. It was a good documentary. I'd recommend it. Only an hour and a half long.

No comments: