Friday, December 19, 2003

So I had my interview yesterday morning. Had it with 3 different people. First, the hiring manager, then the project manager, and then, the owner of the company. I'm not any good at interviews and I didn't feel really confident about it. But I also didn't feel really bad about it either. I just didn't feel I made the impression I could have. At the end of my interview with the owner was over, he told me they'd get back to me before Christmas. Boy, he wasn't lying! The first person I met with had called me a couple hours later. I wasn't able to answer her call at the time due to bad reception, but she left me a message asking for my thoughts and feelings about the interview and to see if I was indeed interested in the job. I didn't end up talking to her until a few hours after that. But basically, I was offered a position. I told her the job was ideal to me, but that I'd get back to her. Cuz I still need to figure out what salary I should ask for. My ex-prof who put me on to the job in the first place thinks I could ask for more. So, I'm trying to get in touch with her before I call this job back. But look at me - trying to get employed. And if I take this job, my azz will probably relocate... And I get to put my 2-weeks in (if I'm feeling kind) at my retail job. :)

While I was on my way to the interview, I got a call, but again, couldn't answer it cuz I had no service where I was. It was "homeboy" calling, wishing me luck and saying that yeah, we should get up together for lunch. So, we did. We met up and got some grub. Yay - free food! Just kidding. Even if he just got food and I had to sit and watch him eat it, I would do so gladly. :-P Sike, sike. So BaJiGGiTy!

No comments: