Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Mangy Mutt!!

Guess what, guys? My dog has mange. EwWw! lol... He took his first trip to the vet today to get vaccinated and what not and I asked the vet to check out his skin. So, he's gotta be on meds for the skin mites. Luckily, they're not transferrable to humans. She (the vet) said mange is common in my dog's breed (both in APBT's & AmStaffs). She said same goes for Boxers and Boston Terriers. She also said it's a good thing we don't plan to breed him cuz the mange gets passed down to the children and that my dog probably got it from his mama.

So my dog was good with the car ride and at the the vet. Only thing was that it was a little struggle when they had to take him to the back room to be weighed and then again for some shots. He's about 30 pounds now. I wonder how big he'll get. He even got to go to PetSmart. That's cool how you get to bring your animals up in there. :)

Okay, all this talk about dog is making me hungry. Just kidding. But I didn't eat a thing today. Time to feed my belly.

No comments: