Thursday, October 09, 2003

I finally saw "Bend It Like Beckham" yesterday. I been wantin' to see it since I heard about it last semester. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and could empathize with the protagonist's being torn between two customs/cultures. It was also fun to see London in the backdrop and to recognize some of the scenery.

Also yesterday, Tara and I headed to the mall so she could get some grub and there we played a game of Scrabble. I won, of course. :-) Nah... I actually found out later that we both used illegal words. Heh. Oh, well...

Sunday, Belinda, Tara and I went karaoke again. That was okay. I hate feeling nervous and having my voice "shake" when I sing. But apparently Belinda and I did a nice rendition of "A Whole New World." We need to work on s'more duets since there's a karaoke machine at her mom's house...

Earlier that day, my mom, sister, and I went to Spanish mass. My sister and I thought that one of the guitarists playing with the choir was rather good-looking. Gonna hafta go back to that parish! :-P I just may. Ms. Ramos was saying I should be a lector there some time. Perhaps I will one of these days. She also said there's some bilingual service coming up soon.

After mass we went with Ms. Ramos to this Mexican restaurant nearby. It was alright. Very filling, too.

On Saturday, Tara and I met with Belinda, then headed to this place to paint ceramics. There are these pieces that are pre-fabricated and all you gotta do is paint them however you like. I helped Belinda by painting some Picasso imitiation on a coaster, while she recreated a Klimt piece. (We didn't do it from memory, but from a picture in a binder.) Then afterwards, we went to the Korean supermarket to pick up some grub so Belinda could cook for us. It was the 3 of us plus a friend of Belinda's for the evening. We helped her prepare the food, had a nice meal and conversation, then relaxed. Belinda and her friend played Scrabble, while Tara and I were trying to take care of Belinda's Sims. (You know the computer game? It's crazy. I need to get some!)

Last Thursday, Tara and I had gone to see Woody Allen's "Anything Else." I wasn't exactly interested in seeing it, but I didn't exactly object to seeing it. Anyhoo, it was a'ight, I guess. Nothing special. Nothing I'd care to see again. I actually busted out laughing on a part that wasn't really funny. Tara said it wasn't nice. But I couldn't help it. I won't even say what it was cuz I could be incriminated. :-P Got two quotes from the movie that I can remember: "Jews start all wars" and "Too much rejection causes cancer."

Then on Friday night we went to see "School of Rock" with Jack Black. That was actually more entertaining to me. It was fun. Somewhat corny, but what can you expect from silly movies?

Oh, yeah - my dog went to the vet for his follow-up on his mange and some booster shots last week. He weighed in at about 49 pounds, which was nearly a 20-pound weight gain in about a month. Justin asked me what do I feed him. Why, other dogs, of course. =)

No comments: