Sunday, July 06, 2003

I gotta get ready in a minute. Tara's comin' over so we can go to the mall together. She wants to hit up the mall and get something to wear for tonight. You see, we're goin' to a concert. And the truth is, neither of us really wants to even go anymore. In fact, I wasn't too keen on going in the first place because of the artists who are headlining. But, I kind of wanted to get out the house and hang out. We purchased the tickets a over a month ago, so, neither of us knew how we were gonna feel as the date approached. Kinda suck, but that's life. :-P

Last night, Belinda came and picked me up and we went to a Korean-owned karaoke bar in the city. It was alright. Kinda empty. We sang some songs. I hate the way I sound! I felt my voice sounded different through the speakers and Belinda said so, too. I hate when I first start singing and I'm so freakin' nervous the I can hear my voice quiver and my heart's all pounding. Anyways...

Ugh - what took my dad so long to turn on the A/C? He didn't turn it on until yesterday afternoon/evening. I spent the entire day and night all hot and bothered. Hehe... Well, it was just not too comfortable. I felt like I was in the ghetto or something. LoL. I had my windows open and the ceiling fan in high gear, but it was so warm that all I wanted to do was just lay there and not move. I guess I should have gone to another part of the house cuz my room is just wack like that when it comes to climate control. Anyhoo...

I really like MPT (Maryland Public Television). I've been telling my self that when I'm financially stable, I'm gonna pledge money to that station. I've pledged money once before. You know when they have those telethons and they focus on a certain program and offer different things depending on how much you donate? Well, once they were showing something on the famous glassblower, Dale Chihuly. I saw one of his major displays at the Tower of David when I was in Jerusalem three years ago. So, one of the gifts for one of the smaller donations was a video entitled something like "Chihuly in the Light of Jerusalem." So, had to get that cuz I could watch and be like, "I was there!"

Anyways, I just love the programming on that channel. So educational. And wholesome. I was watching some of "This Old House" yesterday, hehe. Who needs cable when you've got MPT? :)

Well, I should get dressed cuz Tara should be over soon. Later, dudes...

No comments: