Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Eggspectation

That's the name of the restaurant Tara and I dined at last night. I just had the chicken nugget appetizer. They were actually tenders and not nuggets. And the honey mustard sauce was crappy. Tasted like almost nothing and it was kinda gross. And it came with fries. And I had dessert - some red velvet fudge cake. It was okay. I coulda done without it. Belinda met us up there while we were already starting our cakes. We talked for a bit. They chided me some. Why? Cuz I was on the verge of leaving town to meet a certain someone.

This "certain someone" is an individual whom I don't actually know in person. And that's the reason I wanted to make this journey. I wanted to go visit this cat for the day, but due to the public transportation gods being against me, I think this adventure will just have to be put on hold. Jeannie really wants me to meet him. Nadine didn't see why not. Tara even wanted me to get to see him. But then, Belinda had her reservations and Tara began to have doubts...

They think I am really naive (which I am) and they don't want me givin' up my goods (hehe) or anything like that. They don't want to find me in a "situation." But I seriously doubt anything un-kosher would happen. Belinda was talkin' 'bout she comin' with me and she's gonna make sure nothing can happen. She was like, I will be right with you and if you move into the next room, I will go in there right after you. LoL. Silly ho. And Nadine thought I should take Tara with me. But yeah, right. I will not have any of my girlfriends accompanying me as I meet a guy because I am rather insecure and I don't trust their good looks. :-P

But either way... Doesn't matter cuz I couldn't find a suitable, economical and efficient way to get to where "he" is. But maybe next week. Or perhaps he will be able to come out this way. I am so anxious to meet this dude. Not wanting to set my self up for disappointment, as I am prone to do, my highest expectation is that I will have gained a new friend. You can never have too many of those. Though, good ones are hard to come by. So are men. But that's to be determined what Mr. Man will be like. But hey, gotta try to remember not exceed the "eggspectations." :-P Okay, so that was corny. So what. Go suck an egg. :-D

No comments: