Saturday, February 01, 2003

CHUC MUNG NAM MOI!!

Today marks the first day of the Lunar New Year for us Viets. (As well as Chinese, Koreans, and who knows who else.) I hear it's the Year of the Goat on the Vietnamese calendar, and Sheep on the Chinese one. Anyhoo...

I went out with some friends Wednesday night after my long day of classes. We went to this place that had salsa lessons and dancing in the downstairs. I don't think I'll never in my life master that shit. I can do the basic steps after you show me. But then you try to bring in all those complicated moves, then you've lost me. And I'll eventually forget the basic steps for the next time. But I'm not into all that anyways. I prefer the mainstream Latin music when I'm out dancing - like pop and rock and what-have-you. Whatever. At least I got enough rhythm that I don't look like a total fool as I step on my dance partner's feet. LoL.

Think I need to get me a Latin boyfriend who can teach me some moves. And to practice my español. But then I need me an Arab man so I can work on my Arabic. I'm workin' with so much Arabic this semester, my vocabulary will surely improve. But I wanna be able to start putting it to use. I need to hang around my friends at school, a good number of whom are Lebanese, so I can pick up a dialect. And then once I get good enough with the language, it'll help for when I lie to people as to what is my ethnicity. Hehe...

I need some advice. I don't like to lie, but I feel telling the truth is not always the best approach. What I'm referring to (and I think I mentioned it a coupla blogs ago) is when guys try to talk to you. Like the other day I'm walkin' home from campus and this guy that's standing nearby says something to me. I go, "Say what?" He asks me my age. And I tell him as I continue to walk. Then he asks me where's my man. I just smile and keep on going. Like, I know if I say I don't have one, which would be the truth, he would proceed to try to talk to me or something. If I say something, like, he's at home, that still doesn't guarantee that that would get the guy off my back. Believe me. I know. But I was thinking that the next time a guy asks me, "Where's your man at?" I'm gonna respond with, "Which one?" LoL... Heh... But I know that could spark even more shit. It's a Catch-22. One reaction I'm trying not to do so much anymore is to straight up ignore people. Although it can work. Act like I didn't hear. But then they sometimes still get mad and call names. Here's a funny story - I had this guy on the bus try to talk to me last year. Not cute at all. I was mindin' my own business, readin' a book. This guy was rude since he interrupted. I mean, he said, excuse me, or whatever. But can't you see I'm frickin' readin'?? I don't got time for your non-readin' ass! Haha... Anyway, back to the story... I look at him eventually and he's all like, do you speak English? I guess it was due to the way I didn't really respond to his scrubby self. So, when he asked me this, I just shook my head. Buwahaha! That got him to get off my nutz. teehee...

Well, tomorrow (which is really today) I guess I'll be going to the gym. And I need to try to squeeze some homework in there somewhere because before I know it, it'll be the night before classes - or the morning of - and I'll be panicking, trying to get shit done.

And I'd like to do a lil somethin' for New Year's. That's not likely, but I'ma try to hit up one of my Viet friends to see if she's gettin' into anything.

And then... I'll be going clubbing again. Wow. I'm getting out quite a bit lately. Let's see how much action I get. ;)

"Git ur freak on..."

No comments: