Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Snowed in...

Only today did all the neighbors come out and start clearing the snow beyond their driveways. It's nice to see group effort like that, how something like a snow storm can bring people together. I just watched from the safety of my window. LoL. Nah, but it's cool to see the neighborhood dynamic. The suburbs aren't like they used to be. It's no longer a tight-knit community as it once was. Well, at least not in my experience. I don't know if that made sense. I mean that I never experienced the closeness. Back in the day, people used to know their neighbors. I barely even see mine. I don't know any of their names, really. Anyway...

Damn the man! My university is open tomorrow. Granted, it's liberal leave, but I feel obligated to go. Plus, I did skip last week and these classes are only held once a week. But I dunno how I'm gonna get there. Don't know who can take me or when or how the roads are where I am. Oh, well. I guess I'll just find out...

You know, I think I used to think, as a child, that we, as humans, hibernated. hehe... I have this memory from around the first grade, I suppose, of waking up while we were receiving snow. No one else in my house was awake and it was already daylight, so I figured, oh, we must be hibernating now. So I went back to sleep. D'oh! Haha... anyways...

Mind off the snow - Spring Break is comin' up. And you know what that means! Yep - I'm takin' my ass the hell away from my daily surroundings. No plans are in effect as of yet, but there is a chance I will be making my way across the Atlantic again. Since nothing's definite, I will keep hush on the possible location. I realized that everytime I talk too much about something that has to do with the immediate future, it never works out in the end. Don't wanna jinx myself too badly. :-P

Well, guess I'm gonna go watch some TV with my mom, practice knitting a couple rows, and maybe do some homework, which has been sitting in my bookbag since I dropped it on my bedroom floor Friday evening. :-P

No comments: