Monday, February 17, 2003

Let it snow...

The mid-Atlantic region is covered in snow. The governor even told the people to stay off state roads until 4am. The cars on my street are all buried. My mom wants me to wipe off her car. Ha. Nope. I ain't goin' out there. Hehe... Besides - it's Presidents' Day. My day off. Hey - are we celebrating the birthdays of men who owned slaves? Amerikkka would do some f*cked up shit like that. :-P

So, last weekend when Tara and I hit up the bookstore, I ended up purchasing three CDs and three magazines. What was I thinking? The grand total was a lot higher than I had expected, even with the $20 worth of coupons I had. I bought three magazines (Latina, Elle, and Blender) cuz my girl, Shakira, is on the cover of all three. And the CDs I bought are all in different languages. I bought a Spanish one by Rosana. A Brazilian one by Antonio Carlos Jobim. And I purchased an album in Hebrew. I kinda didn't wanna buy it 'cause I was thinkin' I would some how be supporting the Israeli economy if I did so. But I also like all kinds of music and want something that could potentially help me learn the language, so, I freakin' bought it.

I'm trying to learn how to knit. Just tryna get the basic stuff down-pack, like how to start off and do the basic stitch. But there are so many complicated things about it to learn. I wish I could do like my mom. She taught herself to knit and crochet just by merely looking at the pictures and I bet she can crochet and knit better than anybody. Heh. I can't do that... We'll see how long I stick with this. 'Cause everytime I set out to do something, I never finish. It's always so short-lived.

Anyway, I think I'll go practice right now and see if I can find anything to watch on TV...

No comments: