Monday, February 03, 2003

We be clubbin'!

Went to the club Saturday night. Saw people I knew. Gave out my number. Baby-sat Tara. LoL - that girl was actin' the fool. Well, she does that anyway, but with some drinks in her and in a club setting - it's magnified! Damn, legs all up in the air, guys circlin' around her. And on top of that, she was screamin'! Sheesh. Can't take her no where! Haha. On top of that, she wanted to drive me home drunk. Whatta dumbass bitch. Oops. My bad. :-P

We had fun. But I didn't wanna dance with everybody. And why do guys hafta grope you as you walk by? I mean, I don't need you grabbin' my hands, arms, elbows, and ASS!! Shit.. I can do that myself! J/k... But seriously, if you're not cute, that kinda tactic doesn't work and you hafta go on just your presence and demeanor. Anyway...

I asked the guy sellin' roses in the club where he was from 'cause I've met a couple who were from Jordan. This guy was like, "guess." And I really didn't know what part of the world he was from, but I was just like, "the Middle East?" And yup - he was from Lebanon. So I bust out a ahlan wa-sahlan! on him and he smiles and gives me a hug. I was practicin' my Arabic on him and he said I was good at it. He asked me when I started to learn and I told him only about a year and a half ago and he was impressed. Go me! It's my birfday! (That one's for you, Tara. lol)

We went to IHOP afterwards. I had not been to one in ages. I don't even remember the last time I went. There were eleven of us and we all had to sit in separate places. But it was fun. Tara and I were sittin' at a table with our old friend Phillip and we had a good time jokin'.

I ate a lotta burritos this weekend... Mmm - 7-Layer Burritos from Taco Bell - minus the tomatoes. It's what I always get. I kinda want one now. I've been eating a lot lately. Eating's fun. I was thinkin' that I could never go on something like a Slim Fast diet where you drink a couple cans to substitute some meals. Yeah, right. I enjoy eating too much. Nope couldn't do that. But I don't need to go on a diet anyways. I don't have the best eating patterns, but I don't eat lotsa bad foods on the regular. I mostly need exercise. And so does the rest of fat ass America.

We've got such an unhealthy populace. I read an article on how Asian-Americans who came to this country like 20 years ago were heavier and had more health problems than new Asian immigrants. And then there are people in various industries that like to exploit on Americans' poor health and dietary habits. One of my old friends from undergrad is currently in med school in Lebanon (she's Italian, by the way, and very smart) and she sent some people this presentation she and a couple of her classmates did on the cruddiness of the pharmaceutical, tobacco, and food industries. Their presentation was entitled: HOW A FEW PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICHER WHILE THE REST OF US ARE GETTING SICKER. It was quite interesting...

Anyway, I need to go get something with my laptop fixed... Gotta go find the repair center.

No comments: