Sunday, July 07, 2002

I FINALLY saw "Lilo & Stitch. Jeannie, JP, and I saw it Friday night. It was quite short! Like an hour and twenty minutes or something like that. It was alright, I guess. I did cry at some parts because I'm such a crybaby. =P But it's not one of my favorite Disney films. Doesn't look like I'll be going out to buy the soundtrack...

So, my 5-day weekend is almost over. So quick. I've been listening to some music and reading this book called While You Were Gone. I just found it on my bookshelf the other day after I thought I would read a book from AP English. I started reading Kafka's The Metamorphosis, but got bored with it after a while. Then I thought maybe I'd go for The Stranger or Jane Eyre. That's when I saw this piece of modern fiction. A friend of mine had given it to me when I was in Jerusalem. I had attempted to start reading the book back then (in 2000). A page was bookmarked with one of those little cards with a religious icon on the front and a calendar on the back. The calendar was in Arabic. I had gotten it from a stranger on the train when I was in Egypt. He gave it to me, I guess, after noting the picture of Jesus on my necklace. We couldn't really understand each other due to the language barrier, but being Christian was our connection. He probably was Coptic...

Did you know that Egypt, though it's like 99% Muslim, has the largest number of Christians in the Arab world? And Lebanon has the largest number of Christians in terms of proportion of the population...

Anyway, right now I'm impatiently awaiting an international phone call. My, uh... "special friend" should be calling in 4 hours. That's too long. I'll probably try and finish that novel in the meantime. And my dad wants me to brush the dog 'cause he got a bath today. But this mutt of mine sheds ad infinitum. Why bother? =P

I just got done watching a James Bond film - "The World is Not Enough" with Pierce Brosnan. Can you believe the last line of that film: "I thought Christmas only comes once a year." How dirty was that? LoL! But one quote from the movie I did like was "There's no point in living if you can't feel alive." I'll end with that...

No comments: