Sunday, June 29, 2003

Latin craze...

Okay, I've been so lazy to blog lately. I still am, but I wanted to see what JP was talkin' about in his blog about the new Blogger interface for posting. :-P

Let's see what I wanna blog about... Well, last night, me, Tara, and Belinda hit up a Latin club and had a good time. I met this dude from the internet there and his friend. It's weird cuz rarely do I care to meet people offline, and especially in such short time. I scarcely knew a thing about this guy. Barely could tell what he looked like from the pic he sent me. But in one of the pics, he had a nice chest. :) Anyways, luckily, he was attractive in person. And so was his friend. Dude is Panamanian from Panama. And his father is actually Indian/Malaysian. I was sweatin' like crazy. But I guess I also just sweat easily anyways. Yuck. It was fun overall. But tell me why dude tried to kiss me when we were all sayin' good-bye. Had to turn my head. Sheesh. Movin' kinda quick there, don'tcha think? :-P

And why can't some guys not take a hint? Or two or three? When we had left the club and were walking, this guy tries to talk to me. He asked if I had a minute. I was like, no. He asked me my name. I'm like, why you wanna know? He said something about me being cute or having a nice smile or whatever. I'm not giving him my undivided attention. I'm steady walkin' with Belinda and Tara and talking to them. Then this fool goes, are you ignoring me? I said, yes. Umm - hello! How can you be so stubborn? I'm trying to be honest without being overly rude, but apparently, I need to just go the straight-forward, I am not interested in you in the least bit route. Sheesh...

Then the girls got pizza and I asked the guy who was working at the pizza place where he was from. He said to guess. I told him I wasn't good at guessing. He said Africa. I say, North Africa? He says yes and we all begin naming the countries, but couldn't come up with his. He was from Mauritania. So I ask him the usual, do you speak Arabic? When he said yeah, I once again busted out in my limited verbal skills and that always gets 'em. There were 3 dudes and I was chattin' it up with them. That was kinda fun.

And actually, before I had even crossed the street to go to the pizza place, I just went up to this Latin brothas in an SUV drivin' down the street and just start messin' with them, askin' if they were high and that they shouldn't drive high. LoL. They were Dominicans. Yay! Hehe - that's cuz I'm in my Latino stage right now. Tara claims I was holdin' up traffic. I mean, I admit that this was in the middle of the road, but I coulda sworn there were cars in front of them... Then 5-0 was at the back of the line and turned on their "horn." While I was talking to these guys, tell me why a car moving in the opposite direction grabbed on my booty? LoL... Belinda and Tara kept tryna call me over cuz they had already crossed the street and here I go talking to strange people in the middle of the road. :-P

Tonight Tara and I met Belinda and this other chick up at a Latin festival. We got there around 10 and it was very small. It was a'ight. Nothing real special. Then we headed over to another Latin club that was okay. Last night we danced mostly salsa and merengue. This time, I danced Bachata for the first time. I can do the basics for these dances, but once you start to throw in the twists and turns and shit, I sometimes get confused. But it's cool if you have a really good dance partner who leads and pushes you into the steps.

So, yeah... that's what I've been up to... I watched "Signs" in the afternoon. It was an okay movie. Aw, damn - I actually was kinda scared to go into our garage with that movie in my mind. We've got a 2nd fridge in their and I went to get a drink out of it and it was all dark and I was kinda thinkin' some alien would be behind my dad's car. LoL... I still would like to see "Finding Nemo"! Alright, I got nothin' more to say that I can think of... Peace out!

No comments: