Monday, June 09, 2003

Qué bonita bandera
qué bonita bandera
qué bonita bandera
es la bandera puertorriqueña!


So I spent the weekend in New York City. Yay! Was present for the annual Puerto Rican festivities. Mm, mm, mmm - those boriquas. Thass what I'm talkin' about! hehe

Tara and I went up there Friday afternoon and came back last night. It was fun. Well, more so for me. I got my ego boosted this weekend. Aha. Especially Saturday at the festival. Unfortunately, it was raining. But we walked around anyways to see all the fly papis. Syke. Sorta. :-P Despite the rain, there were still a lot of people out. And I was gettin' more attention than Tara. That was fun cuz usually she the one who be gettin' all the cat calls here at home. But not this time. And she was HATIN'!! Boy, was she ever! lol Cuz damn, she wasn't used to not being the center of attention. I was like, damn - can I get my 5 minutes of glory? Shit. hehe... And this trick was like, yeah, but not a minute more. Silly ho. But yeah, this was very good for the self-esteem. I didn't hafta be dressed like a hoochie or nothin' to get guys to holla. And Tara, with her big breasts, ain't have nuttin' on me that weekend! lol. Lemme stop. But yeah - them Latin men... Not that I was really interested in any of 'em. Some of them are just too short for me (since I'm like 5'6"). And not all that talked to us were that attractive. But their personalities and whatever - they were generally cool peeps. It was good.

Yesterday, when me and Tara were in Times Square lookin' for a place to eat before heading back home, I coincidentally met this dude from off the internet. So funny cuz it was so random. It was this guy I had talked to before online through notes and forums or whatever. But that was like months ago. So, anyway, dude walks past me and says, "I like your style" and keeps right on walkin'. I tell Tara and we look at him as he walks to the corner. He does turn back to look and whatever. I'm kinda smiling cuz he look kinda cute and stuff. And he's talkin' to this one guy on the corner. I didn't know if he was just a pedestrian, a street vendor of sorts, or this guy's friend, but the two are looking our way and talking. So, the guy who complimented me comes back and I walk over towards him. We start talkin' and whatever, then we exchange e-mail addresses. And I'm lookin' at his screenname and I'm like, "hmm..." Then he makes a note over the screenname to indicate that two "letters" are in fact numbers and then the bells really go off. I start askin' him if he's a member of any internet communities and then I find that I have spoken to him before, etc. Funny, he's a lot shorter than I would have thought. But anyways...

I got to see this girl I hadn't seen since I was in Jerusalem in Summer 2000. She's from Brooklyn and I met up with her briefly just to say hi and what not. That was cool. There's another chick I met in Old Jeru that summer whom I didn't get to see, but she just moved to Brooklyn herself. Oh, well - next time, though.

Man - I need to get me a job so I can get me some new clothes. Lotsa shops there. The way I was dressed this weekend was kinda trendy/funky. A new thing for me, influenced by Euro styles. I was rockin' it this weekend. :) I was a little nervous about what I put on for the parade yesterday, but I think it worked. I was self-conscious when people would stare or look me up and down cuz I couldn't read their facial expressions. I couldn't tell if they were thinkin' - what the hell is she wearing? or, that's interesting or, cool. But overall, I think it was positive. But now my feeties (got that word from my 7th grade math teacher, hehe) hurt. The price you pay for looking cute. Just kidding. But, what a weekend! Gotta go back up on another occasion.

No comments: