Sunday, April 27, 2003

Celebrity Sighting

Beautiful weather tonight. Sunny, breezy, cloudless. Went to campus today. Thought I'd try to get some work done then head to mass. I wanted to find a spot somewhere to plug into ethernet. But to no avail. Everybody was inside and outside. The white kids all sun-tanning everywhere. Wait just a few more years when they have skin cancer and saggy skin and sunspots all over. See if they think it was all worth it. If you are pigmentally challenged or melanin deficient, accept it! :-P

So, anyways, when I was walking to the library, there were chairs set up as if they were having commencement and a few cops and an ambulance (for just-in-case). This one police lady was directing people to walk around whatever was goin' on to get to the library. I was confused cuz we ain't done the semester yet, so I couldn't understand why they'd be having graduation right now or any kind of practice like this. As I was walking behind it all, at the top of the stairs of this one building to get to the graduation stage appeared a few figures and someone announcing the President of the United States and the president of the university. Well, whatever name the announced for the U.S. President, I was like, hunh? But I kept walking...

I was moving around and about on campus. Then I saw a flier on a bulletin board that was for a lottery to be an extra in the filming of the "West Wing" for today's date. So, then I figured it out. And that's why I didn't recognize the Prez's name. Hehe... And check this, I was like 15 feet away from Martin Sheen. They were allowin' some students to take pics with him. He's mad short. Wish I could've spoken to him, give him props for bein' the activist that he is. He's the man. :)

So, after mass, which was longer than usually because there were a few initiates (I don't know what they're called - the people who are formally becoming members of the Catholic Church. In other words, converts) and confirmation candidates there, I went to the shopping district to look around. I wanted to check this one shoe store, but it was closed. But I went into Urban Outfitters and this other store with punk kinda stuff. I'll hafta go back sometime. Figures I would decided to not bring my money and credit card, when I usually always have them on me. But that's okay. Maybe it was for the better. :-P

But anyways, now I'm home and waiting for the number one show on ABC to come on: "Alias." =) 25 more minutes.

No comments: