Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thevy's Imagination

Thevy has got such an imagination already. She pretends to catch butterflies and to go fishing. She builds towers and plays dress up. I love to see how her mind is already taking her so many places.

She sometimes asks me for things, but she only expects me to "play along". She's asked me for tape, a watering can, and various shapes. When fishing, she sometimes gives me the fish. I once responded, "Wow! That's a big fish!" She corrects me and says, "Nooo, it's a little fish."

A couple of her imaginings involved her little sister. One day I went into the kitchen to do something, leaving Thevy and her sister alone in the next room. I left Sothea in her Exersaucer and I heard Thevy talking to her. I thought her heard Thevy say the word "crayon", so I rushed to make sure Thevy wasn't shoving crayons in her sister's face. But when I saw them, I found an amusing sight.

Princess Sothea

Thevy wasn't saying "crayon". What she actually was saying was "crown" and that's actually what I heard! But the reason I had interpreted it wrong was since my the girls had been spending a little bit more time with my mother, whose English is quite busted, and who pronounces the word "crayon" more like "crown", that's why I thought what I thought. :-P

Anyhoo, Thevy was saying "crown" and when I came out to the living room, she told her sister that here was her crown and that she was a princess. Hence the crumpled, used tissue on top of her head. lol... And then the next day or so, Thevy had pulled a dirty-tissue-on-Sothea's head move again. This time she told her sister that she was a cupcake. LoL. Get it? Like the icing on top of a cupcake? Thevy has provided some comic relief for me in these days when I don't have much to laugh at...

No comments: