Thursday, October 04, 2007

Evenflo Product Recalls

In the past week, I just found out that I own two products that have recalls on them. Both are car seats and both are of the Evenflo brand. The first car seat we bought was an infant car seat for Thevy, which is now being used by Sothea. I just recently discovered by chance that this particular model, Embrace, had a recall from last March. I only found out because I went to the Evenflo website to see about maybe viewing the product manual online because I don't remember the height/weight limit for the seat. So, I would never have known about it otherwise. When I first registered the product, it was two years and two addresses ago, so if someone sent me a notice, I didn't receive it. Anyway, the recall stated something about the handle of the car seat, when used as an infant carrier, releasing unexpectedly and there have been babies who have fallen forward out of the seat. Yikes! So, I've ordered some replacement kit.

Now, today, I just received a product recall notice from Target.com, where I purchased the second car seat. It's a convertible car seat; the Triumph model. Evenflo is doing a voluntary recall because they say the fabric that covers the seat can be pulled back, revealing Styrofoam, which a child can pick at and potentially choke on. Thevy has done this already in the past, but luckily, she hasn't choked on any pieces of the 'foam. Now I have to order another upgrade kit.

No comments: