Friday, March 23, 2007

Question About Kisses from Canines

To start off, we all know I'm not PC, so, if you don't like blanket statements, don't read. :-P

Well, it's not that serious and this shouldn't cause any wars, but I wanna know if anyone can explain a stereotype to me: why do white people french kiss their dogs?? I know a lotta black people will feel me on this one. I'm a dog lover and have had a dog since I was one-year-old. But I do not tolerate a dog licking me on the face. That is just disgusting! I remember there was a humorous statement on the what appears to now be defunct spoof website iloveblackpeople.com.

Anyway, it seriously sickens me when I see it happen, I almost gag! There's currently a commercial on TV where an Asian female is getting kissed by her dog a little too close to the mouth, but she probably "acts white"! And I have seen one of my Asian friends receive an intimate kiss from her pooch. But then again, she's married to someone of white descent and I've noticed she becomes whatever he is, so... Yeah, it totally disgusted me. When she and the dog greeted each other as she entered the house, she went for the tongue kiss and she even had her mouth open a little!! I so wanted to vomit!!

I don't even let my dog lick my hands. Especially seeing as how dogs lick their genitals and stick their noses in the grass in search of some scent and inevitably come into contact with feces - even if they are indoor pets!

And this same friend of mine... she wouldn't even stop her unruly dog from licking my daughter. I think it's rude to not exercise some restraint on the pet for the sake of others. There are some rules of etiquette that must be followed! You can stick your tongue down your dog's mouth all you want, but you shouldn't subject other people or their children to your pets' slobber.

Even after I proclaimed that I didn't like that, she did nothing. And with the dog being so rowdy... So, next time if her dog gets thrown straight across the room, she bet' not say nothin'!! :-P But yeah, it's her house and she can do whatever she wants there. That means I just don't need to go over there anymore then.

But that still doesn't explain to me why people do it? Why do they engage in passionate kisses with their pups? I'm not gonna buy the "a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's" as any kind of "reason".

No comments: