Friday, April 14, 2006

They Grow So Fast!

Look how involved she is in her little world. She's interested in so many things and she's unstoppable. Last weekend she went to her little friend Mason's birthday party and she was all over the place. For five hours, she played and played. She bullied a 17-month-old, stealing every balloon he had in his hands. And she harassed Mason, grabbing and pulling on him. :) That's my girl! And when they're older, they'll be chasing after her and she won't even know who they are. =P Besides, I'm sending her to an all-girls private school. In the mountains. On a secluded island. ;-)

She doesn't say any really intelligible words right now. I mean, she says sounds that sometimes sound like Mama and Dada. But she uses them to express different things. Sometimes she says a Baba kinda sound. And that could be like the word for "Dad" in Cambodian, which is more like "Pa" where the P is very close to a B sound. But it's not. :-P Yesterday at Costco I gave her this sauce and pointed to it and said "bottle". She said, "Ba!" And she repeated it. She also imitates the word "baby".

When I talk to the dog and say Rocco, she sometimes waves her fist or pointer finger at him and does a whole lotta "Ra-rarara-rara!" And I think she says "belly button". I can't replicate how she says it in word or print. But I'm pretty sure she says it. And I guess if I were to tell you what her first words were, I think they might be "teh-dai". (I probably screwed up the phonetic spelling of it big time, but I have yet to study Cambodian...) It means "clap" in Cambodian. And she's clapped while saying something similiar.

Beyond the words she says, Thevy does understand a lot. She performs many actions on command. Like if I say "beso" (which means the noun "kiss" in Spanish), she brings her mouth to minShe's just so cute. (Except when she's crying. :))

No comments: