Monday, April 10, 2006

Hains Point

We (Peter, my mom, the baby, and I) took a brief trip to Hains Point last week. Its in East Potomac Park in DC. I'd been there a long time ago when I was younger. A famous landmark there is "The Awakening" - a statue(s) that gives the illusion of a man emerging from the ground. I think it's out of proportion (See the following image. There's also another leg, foot, and hand that's not visible in this shot.)

Although it was a bright and sunny day, it definitely was not ideal weather. It was very windy, making it quite chilly. We ended up putting a coat on Thevy, on top of her jacket, it was so cold. And then, a big ole bus full of kids came and that ruined it. Then it just became too crowded and noisey. But we got to see the cherry blossoms and take in the sights. We'll have to go back on a nicer day. And maybe with more people.

No comments: