Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Someone's in the Kitchen...

As little T gets older and is sleeping less and moving about more, I have to figure out more ways to keep her entertained. Especially if I want a minute to myself and have my hands free. I neglect myself the most in terms of eating. Correction - not eating. Thus, in order for me to grab a bite to eat when I'm at home by myself, that is, with no other self-sufficient individuals, I have to find all manners of distracting the baby.


Thing is, she sometimes gets bored easily. And just as soon as I think I've found a way to give myself maybe ten minutes to prepare myself a little something, Thevy's decided she's had enough and begins acting up. Or, she merely begins going where I don't want her to go, or touching what I don't want her to touch.


One of the ways I temporarily capture her attention when I'm in the kitchen is to place some objects on the floor for her to hit, bang, throw - whatever. Sometimes it buys me time. Sometimes it doesn't.

No comments: