Saturday, February 07, 2004

This week was the worse in terms of commuting for me. Getting him between 9:30 and 10:30 every night this week and having to wait for my stupid parents to pick me up is a pain in the ASS!! Although, Tara was kind enough to get me last night and I got home "early". Like 9:15. :-P

Wednesday I went back to the deli in the building down from mine since the one in my building was closed. This time I talked to the brother of the one Palestinian guy I was chatting with last time. We were talking about Arabic and accents and stuff. He said my accent was nice - not Gulfi (the countries in the Gulf, e.g. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait), but that it was more Levantine (FYI: the Levant is the countries of Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine). Heh. That's funny, cuz I didn't think I had really developed an accent yet, at this point. But I guess since my dear friend Nadine is Lebanese, perhaps some of her speech has rubbed off on me.

Yo, last night was a crazy night. I ended up going to the club with Belinda. Danced a tiny bit of salsa, a bunch of merengue, then some bachata. And then danced to reggaeton. Got tired of all that and went to look for Belinda, who hadn't come back from the bathroom like she said she was going. Found her in another room. Ended up dancing to some old school joints - eighties/early nineties jams. Met some Cambodian peeps. There was a rack of 'em. I gave my number to one cuz he was askin' if we could hang out some time. I'm cool with that. I wanna be with my Asian peeps some time. And there was this other Khmer guy. And I thought he was kinda peepin' me so I made an excuse to go over to him. Examined his necklace and either asked him if it was Buddha or if he was Buddhist - it was kinda dark in there.

So I was dancing with this dude and then I think I stopped and was talking to another one of the guys. Then the guy with the Buddha necklace later comes back for me to dance with him. He was tall and skinny. And he had cornrows! Imagine that. :) Anyways, we exchanged numbers and I've talked to him several times since. Hmm... We'll have to see wassup with that cuz I don't know what to think about him...

Okay, this is why last night was crazy - Belinda nearly got arrested! A-ha. It's kinda funny now lookin' back on it. Somehow a dude she was dating and his roommate started scrappin'. Dude was fed up with how his roommate would always try to get with the girls he was seeing. And Belinda had mentioned how the roommate had made passes at her. So, guess he couldn't take it no more and punched the guy. I didn't see it happen. I was busy talking to one of the guys that worked in the club. Then I heard a bit of a commotion behind me and saw some kind of scuffle but didn't think nothing of it, really. Later I saw the roommate and he didn't look to happy. I asked him what was the matter and he just shook his head. Then he told me my friend was outside getting arrested. I'm like, WHAT?!? Ya know?

So I go outside the club and see my girl pushed up on the hood of a police car being cuffed. I went over to her and she's all talking about her constitutional rights and how he needs to read her her rights cuz she hadn't done anything wrong. And the guy who was tryna cuff her was an asshole, naturally. Why do people think a fuckin' uniform gives them license to be jerks? Belinda told me to get her phone. I'm like, where is it? She said she dropped it on the floor inside. Luckily when I went back in and after I looked on the ground not seeing anything, I talked to a guy that worked there and told him my friend had dropped her phone when the fight broke out. So he produces from his pocket the cell phone.

I go back out to Belinda and she's just wondering if her neighbor/friend had called cuz she wants to know if she's alright (due to some other unrelated drama). So she has me listen to the voicemail. And that fake-ass cop tried to tell me to back up. I just looked at him and did not budge cuz I do not like to be talked to in any disrespectful way, especially since I wasn't doing anything wrong. Anyways, I bet if he wasn't tryna come off as some hardass, it would have been much easier to handle this whole biz.

Basically, according to Belinda, he cuffed her cuz she was trying to stop the guys from fighting. She said that when he grabbed her, she wasn't even doing anything, not touching anyone. And she said something about the cop guy saying that when a cop tells you to back up, you need to back the fuck up. Ugh. When I first saw Belinda, I was tryna tell her not to talk back so much, to chill. Of course it was futile to say it. But I was telling her, don't worry, I'm your witness, and some crap about my dad's a cop... lol. And I was telling her not to say anything and we'll take down his info and what not. She said she couldn't even see his badge and that she didn't think he was a cop.

And later the cop was saying he'd let her go if she stopped actin' up, but she was still tryna run her mouth and we're tryna hush her up still. Then another fight breaks out right by the cop car and Belinda's like - see? You're gonna arrest me and I haven't done anything and let those guys fight? Anyways, he eventually let her go so we were like, let's go. And on our way to the car, there was a police sitting in one of those police vans. Belinda wanted to ask her a question. Belinda goes, "Excuse, me officer. Sorry to bother you; I know you're really busy but..." And then she proceeds to ask the officer her opinion on if the asshole cop handled the situation correctly, or, if he was allowed to handle it the way he did. The lady was like, since she wasn't there to see it herself, she couldn't really say with certainty, but that basically the cop was allowed to do what he did. What the fuck ever.

Anyway, that dialogue with the cop was cut short when we nearly were hit by a rogue vehicle! Man, this guy crossed the street, hopped the curb and went up on the sidewalk and hit this fence. (I think a fence was there. I don't know how accurate my details of this story are cuz I did have a few drinks. :-P). Anyway, the guy quickly backed off the sidewalk and sped back onto the street, but then a cop car turned its lights on and the guy eventually stopped and got out the car and all. But we just were tryna get away. Belinda and her friend were tryna walk forward to where the car was parked. But I hesitated to move cuz I didn't wanna move forward and somehow be in the line of that crazy driver. I was ready to walk back to make sure I couldn't be in his path.

I ended up driving. Belinda couldn't drive. And I wasn't sure about the friend. So we started driving and the friend is like, we gotta go back for his roommate. Guess he cooled off a bit. We scoop him up. Drop him off at where they had parked there car. Then the original trio, we go to this diner and eat. Why does everyone ask if Belinda and I are sisters? We don't look alike? It happened at the club and diner. Anyway, I got to use my Arabic skills with this Jordanian guy that worked there. I thought he looked Arab, so I asked where he was from and then busted out an Arabic greeting to him. His eyes lit up, lol. And we began a convo. That was cool.

And, hmm... Dropped dude off at his place then Belinda and I went to my house to crash. It was after 6 in the morning when we got home. Yeah, long evening. And she and I are heading out tonight. Hope she doesn't get into too much trouble at the karaoke bar. :-P

Alright. I've written enough. Bye-bye!

No comments: