Sunday, February 08, 2004

Last night, I went with Belinda, et al to this Mexican restaurant for karaoke. The place was small and a bit cramped with all the people there. All Latinos. Belinda sang a song or two. I sang a Paulina Rubio song. And Belinda and I did one of our famous :) duets: "Always" by Atlantic Starr. We did the only English song that night, heh.

When I entered the place, I saw this guy sitting at a table and I thought to myself, he looks familiar; I think I know him... And I thought back and decided he was probably this guy I met last year when I went to Tammy's birthday party at the restaurant her sister works at. It was this guy that worked there who I thought was kinda cute. Later on that night before he was about to leave, when he walked by me I touched his arm. And he looked at me and was like, "hey, wassup, girl." lol. So cute in his fob accent. :) So we spoke briefly asking how the other was doing. Then he asks if I have a cell now to get my number. I'm thinkin' - this fool ain't call me the last time I gave him my number! :-P But he goes into his phone and my name was in there, then I give him my digits. Wonder if he'll call this time. His English seemed pretty good. I don't remember if he really spoke it that well the last time I saw him. But then, I just spoke to him in Spanish that one time.

So when I first walked into the place and we're heading to a table, this guy stops me talkin' 'bout he likes hair like mine, with curls and what not. I think he gave me some line, and even touched my face. I just smiled and said thank you. And he was sweatin' me the whole evening. You should have seen him. He asked if we could get to know each other outside of the bar. I said maybe, but I suppose I'm leaning more towards "maybe not." I tell ya, I need to learn to say what I really mean and stop being too nice. He also told me I spoke Spanish very well, that I spoke it better then all the Central and South Americans and Boriquas and Dominicans and what not, that he understand everything I was saying. I think he was just referring to how I enunciate and mostly speak "proper" Spanish. Weirdo. When he asked me what I was, I told him to guess. First he guessed the Philippines... He also said Peru. Ha.

Anyway, at least Belinda didn't get arrested this time. :) haha. Got home around 2 or 3, I think. I woke up about 7 for some reason, the alarm on my phone went off. I don't remember setting it. So I let my dog out and fed him. Then I went back to sleep cuz I'm lazy like that. I was in and out of sleep during that time. And funny, I think I kinda started thinking about that Cambodian guy I met the other night and then he called. This was around 10:30 this morning and we spoke for two hours. Still don't know how I should feel about him. But he seems like cool peeps.

He's told me several times how he perceived me as a conservative person. Good observation. :) He also told me he thought I was Cambodian when he saw me. He even said that he knows this one Cambodian girl that looks just like me. And it turns out he's not full-blooded Khmer. He was born in Phnom Penh and speaks the language, but his dad is actually Chinese/Vietnamese and his mom Chinese/Khmer. He wants to learn Spanish and I wanna learn Khmer, so we got a good trade off. I'm gonna impress my mom now. :)

Hmm... I wonder what today will hold in terms of what I end up doing. There's a chance I'll go to the movies with Tara and Taneka. I should try to be studious and read some books.

No comments: