Saturday, November 22, 2003

Another week has gone by... and not a very eventful one. I did absolutely nothing Saturday night. Sunday after work, Belinda came over and we hung out a while and listened to some songs we could sing duet at karaoke. We started out for our karaoke spot, listening to and practicing a song we would sing. But much to our dismay, when we got to the bar we discovered that they no longer hosted karaoke there. How disappointing. Now we must look for a new spot that will have a decent selection of Spanish-language songs to go along with their American collection...

And the next day I was supposed to have off of work. I was on the computer and hence tying up the phone line. So when I got off in the afternoon to check our voicemail, I hear a message from one of my co-workers saying that it was, like ten twenty-four and I was supposed to be in at 10 and that I was a no-show... I'm like, WTF? Those fuckers had changed my schedule without me knowing. Now, I took the schedule that one of my managers had written me when I went in for my orientation and accepted that one. I don't recall anyone saying that this was a tentative schedule that they were gonna change up on me. Bastids... So my days were changed and I even had to close one night. I had requested days! But it wasn't so bad when I had to close. The store was pretty slow. But afterwards when we had to clean up, I started to remember one of the reasons I hated that store. The manager on duty sent me to women's shoes to straighten up. Gosh, you people are filthy pigs! Why can't you put the damn things where you found them?! :-P
Oh, and on Sunday I remembered another reason when I had to relieve a co-worker for lunch and she works in the fitting room. That place can be a big pain. But it wasn't too, too bad that day.

Tuesday after work I met up with my special friend for dinner. We were supposed to go to this Korean place he likes, but it was closed. So we went to a Thai restaurant nearby. Then we went to the Barnes & Noble right there and looked around. We were trippin' off this one book in the humor section that I eventually got Tara for her birthday and he got it for his co-worker. It was so silly... It had a bunch of photos of these, like, toy chicks (as in baby chickens) and these crazy captions.

Anyways, I gotsta bounce cuz Jeannie is here and we're going to the mall...

No comments: