Saturday, December 07, 2002

So I still haven't learned. Still procrastinatin' like nobody's business. And the semester is almost over. I am so ready to just drop out - if I don't flunk out first!

Well, looks like November has gone, and now December is sort of zipping away. Well, let's see what things happened last month... I went to a Karaoke bar for the first time. I'd done Karaoke at friends' houses, but I'd never actually gone to a restaurant where they have that kinda stuff. Yay, me - I'm on my way to stardom. Nah... I was a bit nervous in the beginning. You know, performing in front of people, my voice was a bit shaky. But then I eventually relaxed some and broke it down for them. Lemme stop. Haha. But I did sing. And everybody else was eatin' sushi (it was a sushi bar). Gross. When I got there, there was this white chick singin' Japanese. Like, whoa. J/k.

Then the week following the Karaoke, it was Jeannie's birthday and guess what - sushi again. Sheesh. This was not at that sushi/Karaoke bar, but at one of her favorite restaurants. I always say that I don't like Japanese food and what not. But I'll try certain things (none of that seafood stuff, though). And in the end, I'm usually not satisfied. I don't know what it is. I think it's genetic 'cause my mom and sis don't like Japanese food either. Anyhow...

Afterwards, all of us went back to her house and... guess what? We did some Karaoke. Eric brought over his equipment. Jeannie - one of these days I'll play DDR with you, but you have to get really drunk so that you won't even remember you played it with me. And won! LoL

So, following my disappointment with Japanese... food stuffs. I was happy that the next day, Jeannie and JP and I got some Vietnamese food *drool* before they dropped me back off at my place. I need to be treated more often to Viet cuisine.

Now we fast forward to Thanksgiving. It was good. My dad's cousin always invites us up to her place in Philly. I was upset, though, that I didn't eat that day, then, after just one plate, I was full! I wanted to stuff my self! We ought to hold Thanksgiving more often, just so that I can eat. Hehe...

I am sleepy. I haven't slept. Like, in a while. If I stay up for another... seven and a half hours, I will have gone 2 days without sleeping. School is gonna be the death of me. This is what happened... I woke up Thursday morning with the intention of going to class. All I had was a little oral test with my conversation teacher, then the class with my grammar teacher. So, I got up - it was around 8:30 or something - and I went to the potty room. Then I saw the snow out the window! Seeing those flurries, I was like, hell, nah. And I took my butt right back to bed. :-P

So, I woke up around 11am. Not because I wanted to, 'cause I could have slept the rest of the day. But I had a presentation to work on for Friday. I also had my Arabic proficiency exam to take. So, I tried to work on the presenation. That went by slowly and I didn't finish when Friday morning came. I even drank coffee a couple times Thursday 'cause I knew I would be pulling an all-nighter.

I had to leave for the written part of my Arabic exam, which was scheduled for 9am. So, I left the house Friday at a little after 8:30 and shoot - I didn't realize the impact of the snow. I mean, I'd been holed in the entire day before. So, I had to walk to school and I wasn't wearing the right shoes for that snow and ice shiet. That was kind of annoying. But fast forward - the written exam. It was a lot harder than I had expected. It was 3 and a half hours long. And all of us who had taken the exam used up every minute that was given to us. I'm not sure how I did.

Then after that was over, I had roughly an hour to try to work on my stupid presentation. And the class for that presentation was having it's make-up session (because we needed an extra class) at 2 in the afternoon. So, didn't really have a whole lotta time to fix up what I had. And then, after I did horribly on my presentation, I had the oral part of my proficiency exam.The ironic thing is that I always thought, yeah, maybe I won't pass the orals, but I've got a good chance on the written. But after all that, I felt the written was a little too much for me, while the oral wasn't bad.

The oral was conducted by my Arabic grammar teacher and this other guy who teaches Arabic elsewhere. It was cool. I need more practice with speaking. My Arabic teacher said he thinks I would make a good linguist 'cause I'm good with languages. He was kinda braggin' about me to the other guy. :-D And the other guy had asked me how long I'd been studying Arabic. I told him not long 'cause I'd only started just last year. Anyway... I wonder if I'll pass either portion of the test. We won't find out until late Monday.

Well, I've got loads of crap left to do for this semester. Hope I get them done. When's the last day you can withdraw from a class (or two. or three)? :-P I'm already prepared for failure. =T

Anyway, I need to get off this here comp. My ass is fallin' asleep at the keyboard...

No comments: