Saturday, December 21, 2002

Alright - so the last entry wasn't the final one for the year. Here's another. Not too exciting, but I'm rather bored.

Wow - the moon was pretty bright last night. I almost went outside and started howling, until I noticed it wasn't a completely full moon. :-P It's actually still pretty bright right now and it's almost 6am.

So, I'm suffering a bit from insomnia. This past week I was sleep-deprived. I had a final on Wednesday, and seeing as how I never read or studied for anything this entire semester, I had to attempt to cram. Most of my attempts at studying failed. I get so distracted by things like the internet, it's not even funny. I think I need therapy for my internet addiction. :-P

Anyway, Tuesday night I pulled an all-nighter. I slept for maybe one hour, then tried to study for my final, which was scheduled for 4pm, Wednesday afternoon. I went into the exam feeling worried and unprepared, but what could I do at taht point? The exam question seemed a bit hard to me. I hope I didn't fail miserably.

Then I left the test at 6pm. When I got back to my place, I stayed up, even though I was going on only an hour of sleep. I don't know exactly what I was doing... Oh, I talked on the phone, watched TV, did laundry, and went on the 'net. I didn't finally get into bed until around 8 in the morning (Thursday). But - I didn't get much sleep. One of my friends, and I was expecting his call, called maybe a half hour to 45 minutes after I went to sleep. Then we hung out, so... Here I am going on less than 2 hours of sleep. We watched a movie at his place, but I never did see the whole movie. I dozed off. Don't know for how long - maybe a couple hours total.

Next, once I was back at my place, I was trying to figure out how to get to my parents' house and find someone to pick me up once I got into the area of my parents' house. I was at the train station and since it was late, less trains were running. So, I had to wait an hour for the damn train. I hate waiting. Especially when I'm alone. No one to pass the time with... And I was struggling to stay awake. Just strugglin'.

Finally, I was on the train. I sat in a seat by the window and put my 2 bags in the seat next to me. I eventually fell asleep because my body just couldn't take it. Later (I don't know how much later - coulda been 10 to 20 minutes later, not sure), one of the train conductors (or whatever he was) who goes through the cars to punch tickets came through. He woke me up somehow to get my ticket. Well, I was a bit disoriented and rather annoyed. I thought he was just a passenger who wanted to sit in the seat next to me. And remember - I had my bags in the seat, and I looked around a bit and saw some other empty seats. I was thinking: WTF? Of all the empty seats, why does he wanna sit next to me?? And I almost started to move my bags. Then I realized who this guy was. LoL... So, I pulled out my ticket and when he came back to me, I apologized. He said, "It's alright. Happens everyday." Haha...

So, by the time I actually was inside my parents' house, it was late. But I didn't go to bed. Guess what I did? Yep - internet. hehe... And I was on until about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was chattin' a little bit with my girl Nadine. But then I just had to tell her I couldn't take it any more. That my eyelids were gettin' heavy. So... After my few
days with no sleep, I finally settled into my bed. (Now, this is Friday, early morning).

I wake up, finally, after my long-needed sleep. I look at my watch and - say what?? It's 4:30pm. Can you believe? Ha. But even if I wasn't so sleep deprived, I could still sleep that long. Haha...

And now, here I am, still awake and it's Saturday morning. I wonder when will sleep finally overcome me. And I don't know what to do with myself in the meantime. Hmm...

I was gonna try to watch a DVD a few hours ago on my comp. But, I guess since I'm connected to the 'net, it wasn't running smoothly, although I have watched a DVD on here before, while connected to the internet. But, I didn't want to disconnect, so, guess I'm not gonna watch the movie for a while. It was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". I've never seen it before.

Right now, I'm also listening to Al-Jazeera broadcasts in the background. Tryna get myself accustomed to listening to the Arabic. It's cool since I can understand quite a bit of words. But I still need much practice.

I won an auction on e-Bay. It was quick, too. The auction ended this past Sunday and I already have the item. What was it? A Rolling Stone magazine with Shakira featured on the cover. If you know me, you know how much I sweat this chick. I was gonna get a back-issue from the Rolling Stone website, but - shit's expensive! They charge $10 an issue and that's way too much. Who knows how much, if any, shipping and handling is. So, I got my issue for $1.74 plus $3.75 s/h. That's not bad since cover price is like $4.95, I believe.

My sister will be home later today. She'll be here for Christmas. Haven't spent Christmas with her in a few years 'cause she's always been overseas. Too bad I won't see her much since I'll be going out of town soon. I may visit her Spring Break. Unless I decide to leave the country again. :)

I wanna write a poem, but the muses aren't inspiring me right now. So, perhaps I'll look at my magazines with Shakira in them. Or maybe I'll attempt to read a book I bought last night: "Cien Años de Soledad" by Gabriel García Márquez. I got that book 'cause it's Shakira's favorite. LoL.

Alright, then. I'm out...

No comments: