Saturday, October 26, 2002

Anti-War Demonstration

Today was a day of protest around the world. I marched today along with thousands of my fellow Americans - we, Americans, who are the true patriots. The weather was decent and it was another peaceful demonstration. I heard Susan Sarandon as well as some other individuals speak. Then when I finally got to a position where I could see the people on the stage, I saw other celebrities like Jesse Jackson, Congresswoman McKinney, and former Attorney General Ramsey Clark. The lawn was packed. And muddy, too. The group I was with started to join the other protestors to prepare to march just as Al Sharpton started to speak. But then we left when it was his turn was coincidental. :)

All of the messages were good. From those at the podium to all the signs people were holding. I just wish the warmongers of this country knew what all these people know. That is, the TRUTH. Some of the messages:
1) All we are still saying is give peace a chance
2) Regime change begins at home
3) Not in my name
4) Israel out of our Congress
5) No blood for oil
6) Drop Bush, not bombs
7) Iraq: Weapon of Mass Distraction
8) Act like it's a globe - not an empire
9) (with the pictures of some politicians like Bush) the Asses of Evil
10) (and one something like this) Make _____, not war
a) cookies
b) art
c) love
d) SENSE!
11) Money for jobs, not war
12) Killing one person is murder; killing 1000's of people is foreign policy
13) It's about economics, stupid

I hope the masses will get through to our oligarchy. I hope that some people saw the program on C-SPAN2. It was a debate on the subject of war with Iraq, which took place at Georgetown University. I only heard some of the things one of the speakers, a professor from UCSF, said of how ridiculous an impending war with Iraq would be. You shoulda seen it. I wonder if there's a transcript somewhere...

We need a reform of our whole damn electoral process. It's so bullshit. Speaking of B.S., this was another message on signs and shirts: BUSHIT.

Okay, time for some h.w...

No comments: