Monday, October 21, 2002

Half-way through the semester... Why can't it be over already?! :-P I had two midterms last week and I don't think I did all that great on them. Why do I always wait until the day before or the day that something is due before I start it?

I'm annoyed with this sniper stuff. The media is just puttin' everything out there so that whoever's responsible for all this crap is just laughing from his little den at the incompetence (I'm being hard) of the people who are supposed to be maintaining law and order. And I think the BBC's coverage of the whole ordeal is better. Brief and to the point. I don't need to hear all day long that no one knows what's going on!

Bush is an idiot, talkin' about needing a regime change in Iraq. We need a damn regime change in the U.S. Then this fool got the nerve to say that Iraq has been ignoring the UN and the free world for the past 11 years. WTF??? So, what do you call the illegal State of Israel? They've been ignoring UN Resolutions as well as the opinion of the international community right from the get-go. Those fuckerz...

But I was perusing the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs and one of the articles said the public opinion was shifting in favor of the Palestinians in the US and abroad, including in Israel, as more people are realizing the atrocities that are/have been committed. That's a little encouraging!

Fall is definitely here. It's brisk out. Walking home, I noted the beautiful red-orange color of the leaves gleaming in the afternoon sunlight. Oh, shit- look how I'm talking! I got a bit of a romantic in me that wants to come out. Hehe...

Do you know I've found myself gazing upon the squirrels wondering what it would be like to be one of them? The way they prance around and move with such agility (ignoring their moments of ineptitude when confronted with moving objects heading in their direction!), seemingly so carefree. If only I weren't trapped in the walls of higher learning, maybe I wouldn't imagine myself as a squirrel. LoL. I was reminded of Julio Cortázar's "Axolotl" - but my thoughts were definitely not that deep or serious! And now that winter will soon approach, I probably won't get that far into such a thought process! But I never really cared too much for Cortázar. He was a little too existential or something for me. Or maybe it was the sophistication of the literature combined with the fact that I had to read him in Spanish...

Mom dukes is heading to the Motherland in a few days. Oh, how I wish I were in another country! Soon enough...

No comments: