Monday, August 20, 2007

My Daughter's a Genius

Hehe. I'm supposed to say things like that because everyday Thevy amazes me with her depth of knowledge. She may just be "average" compared to most kids her age, but I don't know that. To me, she's so smart! The picture to the left is of her LeapFrog magnets on the 'fridge. Once, she had arranged them so the letters made a nearly perfect horizontal line. On another occasion, they were completely vertical. Now in this picture, not only is she arranging them horizontally and vertically, but by color! I don't know what this says about her cognitive ability, but I'm impressed! :)

And the things she says and does... Wow! She stood in her potty and began to sing the "Alphabet Song". She then took a bow and said, "Fank you, fank you!" She twirls around and says she's a ballerina. Sometimes she's a cowboy or a pirate. Lately, she's been in the circus, too. She questions me on phonics or colors or some topic and when I answer correctly, she tells me, "Very good!" or "That's right, Mama!" She'll even tell me when she thinks I'm wrong.

Thevy talks about how cute her sister is and how they're best friends. She tells me when the baby is awake or is crying or is hungry. She sings to her sister, "Lullaby and good night..." or "Rock-a-bye baby...". She sings for her own pleasure and she's even started to sing "Maybe" from the musical "Annie". She sings the do-re-mi scale, then attempts to sing it in reverse.

She imitates the things we do around the house from using the remote control, turning on/off lights, cleaning up messes, and different expressions. She's picking up computer skills little by little and I'm pretty sure she's more computer literate than my mother! I've heard her utter, "Oh, my! Oh, my gosh!" She's fallen down and I ask with concern if she's alright. She replies, "I'm okay, Mommy". She picked up a nursing pad one day (for those who don't know, it's a breast pad for lactating mothers so they don't leak out all over the place!) and handed it to me declaring, "Here, Mommy; these are for your boobies."

Last night, she was drinking my cup of water. I wanted it back and asked her if I could have some water. Her words: "Sure, you can." WTF? hehe. I'm amazed by her sometimes. And to top of all her brilliance, she's even potty-training herself! lol. What I mean is, I'm not that consistent. I don't follow all the tips for teaching the child to use the potty all the time. Last week is when it seemed to have started, her potty-training, that is. She would go to her potty without me telling her to and regularly, too. She has gone 24-hour periods with one or even no accidents.

But so far, I can only say she's potty-trained while at home. I have no idea how things would play if we were out and about. I'm sure she's not completely ready for the outings without training pants. Either way, she's still a genius! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: