Saturday, March 27, 2004

I've been to the movies three more times since my last blog. Friday night, Tara and I saw "Taking Lives." I had never seen the previews for it, but I'm pretty much down for whatever, so that's what we saw. It was alright. Though the ending could have been stronger, I guess.

Then on Saturday night, I agreed to meet with my one of my ;) admirers. We, along with his bro and two other friends, went to see "Dawn of the Dead." Now, I had absolutely no desire to see this movie. I saw a preview once and found a part shown to be scary and thought the rest was gonna be corny. But I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Still not the best movie I've seen, but I wasn't mad that I saw it.

Then Monday night, Tara and I went to the movies. This time we saw the only movie I was interested in seeing: "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." And I like-did-did it. (That's actually how I would say it if I were speaking to you. :)) It's a movie I wouldn't mind adding to my meager movie collection.

On Saturday during the afternoon, I met up with Tara and Justin at a restaurant for lunch. Then in the evening, I went to go see Tammy. She was celebrating her birthday - same routine: the restaurant where her sister works, then out clubbing. I just stayed at the restaurant a couple hours before heading to the movies.

Hmm... what else? I drove to work a few times last week. Did I already mention the parking garage of my building? Well, one day a couple weeks ago I had my mom's car and drove in to work. I had no idea where I'd park, so I went to see how much it cost at my building. The guy told me ten dollars (although I think it's really just nine max). I was like, "Uhhh... I think I'll park on the street by a meter." I had arrived late and so wouldn't be parked there a full work day and one of my friends had told me how she once chose to park and feed the meter rather than a parking garage and that it resulted in less money. So, when I told the parking attendant that I was gonna look for a spot on the street, he asked me how much I wanted to pay. I was like, I don't know, but not that much. What I really wanted to say was, "5 bucks." But I didn't want him to say, "What? Are you crazy?" So, he continue to ask me and I gave him the same response. Then he says, "How much you wanna pay? Five dollars?" I go, "Yeah, something like that." He replies, "Okay. I give you." Then he's all like, you tell me if you have a problem or anything, you come to me... Or whatever. And then he asks when I'm coming back - tomorrow? I'm like, I don't know when I'll be back since I don't usually drive.

So the next time I do drive, I'm all set to pay whatever this man is gonna tell me the price is. But he just waves me in. Then the next time I drove, it was a different man and I had to pay 9 dollars. So I was like, oh - that's what he meant by let him know if I had a problem and to come to him or whatever. But then, the next few times I drove to work, my man gave me free parking. Woohoo! I think I paid only nine dollars for what was maybe over $50 worth of parking. Go me!

Now I don't feel much like blogging anymore or remembering stuff. But lemme write one more thing: I just discovered games.com and now I been playing Scrabble. And then there's this variation called Scrabble Blitz. And today I just played Boggle for the first time. I'm addicted now. Found me another distraction.

Oh, and one more thing. Thursday night I went to recharge my phone, but the thing wouldn't work. I didn't know if it was my phone or the adapter. So I had my phone turned off all day Friday. Today, I went to the place where I got my phone for them to check it. Basically, the couldn't tell me what was wrong nor could the fix it. So they gave me a brand new phone. I lost any pictures I had or whatever other stuff I had saved in other spots. And I guess I gotta re-download some crap. But at least they were able to transfer my numbers over. But hey - got me a new phone! Kinda cool since I once dropped my old phone and scuffed it up a bit. :-P

No comments: