Thursday, May 30, 2002

When I was thinking of editing my old webpage, this quote came to mind and I couldn't remember where it was from or what it meant. I tried to do a web search, which didn't help me very much, but I think I can conclude that it was a Shakespeare quote. So I thought maybe it was from "Hamlet," something we read back in AP English. Before I went to sleep, I decided I would try and read it. Sheesh - it's gonna take me a while to get through that mess! I even have a version with a nice guide to the work. I'll probably never even finish the play and it will return to my bookshelf to collect dust. Plus summer school starts Monday. I'll be concerned with other things. My vacation is ending. My self-study of the Italian language is gonna get put to the side as well, I'm sure. But hopefully, I'll be solidifying my knowledge and enriching my vocabulary of the Arabic language. And if I see him I'll be working with a Vietnamese professor on establishing some functionality in my mother tongue. Let's see if he can bring back any of those skills I once had when I was a toddler. In sha' allah, he can.

No comments: