Wednesday, May 29, 2002

I watched the Harry Potter flick for the first time last night. I liked it. I think I've watched nearly a dozen movies since I've been home on break. Guess I'm just tryna catch up cuz I rarely see any films. Ever. I mean, who goes to the movies? I don't. Shit's expensive and I've got no dough. But if ya think about it, why would you wanna give your money to someone who doesn't need it. Have you noticed the crap consumers spend their money on? I guess everyone's satisfied with capitalism, but sheesh - doesn't it seem to be true that the rich get richer and the poor, well, they're still poor. I'm broke as hell, but, regardless... I like to think that when I purchase something, I do it with principles, morals, and ethics in mind. I've made a conscious decision to boycott certain products/companies because I don't think certain groups deserve my money. Hey, here's something ya'll should consider: BOYCOTT ISRAELI GOODS. Why? Because Israel has disregarded international law and is one of the worst human rights violators, to name a few. Israel receives more US aid than my peeps in Asia or Africa. In fact, Israel alone gets more money than the entire African continent. WTF? Can someone tell me why our tax dollars are so poorly spent?

No comments: