Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thevy Turns Two


Today is mini-me's birthday. It's been 24 months since my first overnight hospital stay. Wow, where does the time go?

The picture above was taken a couple days ago. I don't know what she's doing in the pic. She might be trying to come for the camera.

She's learning to talk better each day. I notice now that she makes an effort to form sentences and declare things. The words she used to pronounce all wrong, after I say them correctly, she repeats the word more correctly.

And she still saying funny things that I have to assume she learned from the TV because 24/7 with me, I know I didn't teach her. For example, she often crosses her arms and says, "No fair!" She's even got an appropriate facial expression to accompany the phrase. Sometimes she stomps her feet talkin' about "Hup/hut 2-3-4". And then there's her spouting out some numbers and saying "Blast off!"

I've gotta stop using certain words around her. I don't use profanity around her. A whole lot. But sometimes I say "stupid" and "crap" and she has imitated me. Oops!

But she's so bright, reciting her alphabet and pointing out letters whenever/wherever she sees them. I'm so proud of her! But she's gotta stop introducing herself to every stranger. She puts her hand on her chest and proclaims to random people, "I'm Thevy!" But it's cute. :)

The picture to the right, Thevy is enjoying a Canary melon. It was our first time buying it; we'd never even heard of it or seen it before. It caught my eye, being bright yellow and placed with the other melons, but looking sort-of like a squash. Well, it's not bad. Tastes just like a cantaloupe to me. So, I guess if I want fresh fruit, depending on whichever is cheapest, I'll get a Canary melon or a cantaloupe.

No comments: