Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?? Mine was good. We made our annual trek up to Philadelphia for the day. It was me, my parents, Peter, and the baby. The pic to the left was taken on the ride up. Luckily, Thevy slept most the way up and back. Anyone know what it's like to have a crying child in a car seat while in motion and not be able to do anything about it? See, you could take them out of the seat to comfort them, but what happens in the undesirable event that you get into an accident? You just never know when something like that could happen...

Also, as a parent and a driver, you become a little more aware of how devastating a crash could be. That doesn't mean I've all of a sudden become a much safer driver and now drive like a granny, which could also cause accidents, but I have a lot more things to take into consideration when I drive. Like, I've ALWAYS hated tail-gaters. And I hate them even much more so now with a baby in the car. And I especially hate it when it's a huge semi ridin' my tail! It makes me conjure up images of some crazy invention for a vehicle: to have the ability to press a button and have spikes eject from all sides of the vehicle. :-P

I have a "Baby On Board" sign on the car - not that it'll really do anything... I have to take into consideration abrupt accelerations and decelerations that I didn't have to consider when driving myself. I just have to try to be a more conservative driver with Baby in the car.

Speaking of Baby... she recently outgrew her infant car seat. It's crazy all the things you have to learn. Infant car seats are specifically for infants up to a certain weight and height. Thevy was a couple pounds away from the limit and already too tall for her seat. Her legs were dangling over the edge so I had to invest in a convertible car seat. A convertible car seat is one that can be positioned rear-facing and forward-facing. Since she's still under a year old, she's gotta be facing the back while in the car due to the anatomy of babies. Consider inertia and a baby's neck control.

Anyway, I'm on the phone with my sister who's called me while she's stopped over at some airport en route back to her duty station and we all know I can't multi-task. Later! Posted by Picasa

No comments: